Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, who was it? =)

For the past couple weeks, I've seen a very shiny, red 2004+ ST going the other way on I405. I think it has been the same rider and it's occurred a few times now in the morning and afternoon commutes.

For a while there, I was seeing Butcher regularly on his blue ST2 or 748. Not lately.

And, just this morning, there was a red 2003 or older ST going north on I405. I waved just north of Totem Lake.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
06' ST3
426 Posts
I saw a yellow ST4 heading east on the 133 in irvine this morning before reaching the 405 interchange. He made a left on a road before the interchange, just missing the CHP unit on his bike up the road a bit (by Laguna Altura). I don't see many STs so nice to see a fellow ST rider.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Tony: thanks for reviving this thread. We had an earlier one, but it got buried in the pile.

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My pleasure.

Yeah, the old thread got toasted in the sticky deletion/re-addition. I'm not sure why there is a limit of 5 stickys, but whatevs.

I am amazed how many STs I see around here. The only Duc that I see more often are Monsters.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
I just saw one for sale from Blacksburg, ST4 Yellow. I've never seen it on the road.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm in Indianapolis for training and I saw a red Ducati St4 on the frontage road near the airport and hotels.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
ST sighting

I have been envious of others seeing fellow Ducs and the only sightings I make are on this site or in my garage. That changed yesterday when an 06 ST Red like my owm came up behind me in my drop top. I circiled the block and met in Crab Shack lot in Lincoln City. Mike B from the PNW riders.
Not many Ducs in Neskowin :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Okay, who was it? =)

For the past couple weeks, I've seen a very shiny, red 2004+ ST going the other way on I405. I think it has been the same rider and it's occurred a few times now in the morning and afternoon commutes.

For a while there, I was seeing Butcher regularly on his blue ST2 or 748. Not lately.

And, just this morning, there was a red 2003 or older ST going north on I405. I waved just north of Totem Lake.

Have a good one.
If you see me rolling around, I'm red 2003, but will have either a gray touring jacket on, or a bright ass orange textile on. Usually 167/405 auburn to bellevue commute.

As summer is over the bright textile is going in the closet and some heated gear will be in order...oh...and a bright orange vest as Thursday was the first day I've had someone pull out in front of me in the carpool. As pissed as I was, it was a landscape truck and trailer....he probably never even saw me.

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Kool-Aid,

Those dumbass landscaping trucks, or anyother large commercial vehicle, shouldn't be allowed in the HOV lane. It's bad enough that the buses hold up more people behind them than are riding in them.

While I'm ranting, the HOT lanes just make no sense to me. I've only ever used them as a carpool and not while in the commute. What's your perspective? They're comming to my end of 405 and I'm not too pleased, mainly for the reasons stated above which will make passing the moving road blocks even more challenging.

The sightings were probably not you though. I'm going from Lynnwood to either Totem Lake or Carrilon Point via the 520 interchange.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can't agree more about the landscape trucks in the carpool lane.

As for the hot lanes....here's my take as a motorist (not motorcyclist). I use them. I have a 30 mile commute in some of the worst traffic in the state 167 to 405. Any more if I'm in the truck, I just pay the money for the 405 intersection down to the off ramp in Auburn. It costs me a few extra bucks, but well worth it to shorten my commute.

Now, there are pros/cons for them on a bike. First it doesn't cost me anything, so there's no argument there. It increases carpool useage, but really it's a minimal amount. I don't know if it's the economy or what, but its not like the carpool lane is over run by single occupants that are paying the extra fee. And that's a judgement call, but I think I'm correct. You can see a flashing light at each toll sensor flash if the good to go pass is being used.

Here's the big pro/con. Entry/Exit areas. Meaning double white means you can't just "jump" into the car pool lane. This is great because you don't have to worry about cars jumping into the lane while you're on your bike. Then the con side....there's always some a**hole that jumps the double white. And it's that false sense of security that's going to catch someone off guard.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
saw a red ST, with touring bags, southbound Hwy 1 at Monestary Beach south of Carmel, Monday at 3 pm. Monterey local?

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
I don't know about other places, but in the HOV lanes in California, there is no shoulder, so when a car breaks down or runs out of gas it does so smack in the middle of the lane. If it is at night and their lights are off, just hope to god you have a good lighting system and quick reactions. Lady I know had that happen to her and she hit the car from behind. The court ruled she was careless as she was responsible for driving at a safe enough speed to react to stuff in front of her. Just sayin'

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I saw a video of something similar to that. It was surreal.

Here, most HOV lanes have a descent shoulder. The exception would be I5 between Seattle and Shoreline.

That said, I have seen folks park stopped on in a fairly dangerous areas while on a hill. Of course, it could have been a tranny failure, but. . .

Have a good one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Grey ST spotted

Saw myself a grey ST (1st gen) coming down the Sammamish plateau in Issaquah, WA on 10/7/12. No bags & with 2 up. I was on my non-motorized 2 wheeler, so he didn't pick up, nor expect, my wave. Don't see many in this color.

·
Mr Leakered
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know I saw Fishmonger on the SST on Thursday afternoon. I didn't see you sooner or the wave would have been bigger.

I also saw another red 1st gen ST on the way up 405. It might have been one of the STs from my original post.

Have a good one.

Have a good one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts