Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 HD, 87 Paso 750, 94 Bimota DB2, 94 GSXR750, 96 GSXR1100, 98 ST2, 00 R1, 01 M900, 02 748, 03 999
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warning: These seat cowls ONLY fit OEM, Ducati ST seats from '97-'03. They do NOT fit '04-'07 or Corbin or Sargent seats.

This topic comes around every once in and while, and now that I have one seat cowl from each manufacturer, I figured I'd show the differences.

European Cycle Specialties = Left........Ducati performance = Right

European Cycle Specialties - First ones to manufacture these seat cowls from around '01-'05. They were hand-made, originally in carbon fiber with the option of being painted, and then eventually fiberglass as a cost alternative. The cover has a fairly flat top, a little lip just behind the rider, and attach by sliding over the rear of the seat and held on by four small hooks. It is easy to install and remove. The only drawback I've run across is that when riding fairly hard and moving around on the seat, I can get the front left hook will pop out from under the seat, but I can easily put it back without removing the cowling. ECS is now out of business.

Ducati Performance - Offered a few years after the ECS version and costs about $50-$100 more. This cover appears to be made of a thicker and studier plastic. The top is more contoured and rounded and does not come down as far on the side of the seat. This cowling slides onto the seat the same way as the ECS cowling, but instead of four hooks, the DP cowling has two curled rails that are nearly full-length. The cowling is much tighter and more difficult to install on the seat, and it doesn't budge. To my knowledge, I believe this seat cowl may still available through Ducati, for around $250.

Both seat cowlings are fairly rare and don't come up for sale very often. Personally, I like the ECS cowling better than the DP cowling, but my wife likes the DP cowling better. It's all a matter of personal taste......and whichever one you can find, if you want one.

·
Mr Leakered
8,945 Posts
I like the ST monoposto look. Hell, I only ride solo anyway. I kind of wish there was an option to mount my top box over the rear seat. I don't feel that it affects the balance at all, but the theory is sound. It would also save some space in the garage.

I have to agree that the ECS looks a bit better to me also. Good post.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
1999’ Ducati 900m ; 1997’ Ducati 916 ; 2002’ Ducati ST4S
5 Posts
Hello,
I am new on the forum and I would be interested by a seat cowl for my 2002’ ST4S …
Could you please confirm you can make one for my bike and confirm conditions, including shipping to France?
Thanks in advance
Best regards
P

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I am new on the forum and I would be interested by a seat cowl for my 2002’ ST4S …
Could you please confirm you can make one for my bike and confirm conditions, including shipping to France?
Thanks in advance
Best regards
P
Hello,
Thanks in advance
Best regards
P
Hi P

Please confirm type of seat fitted to your bike?

Flat ST or ST3 Hump

photo will help. Still making moulds
Can advise soon

Regards

Carl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi P

Please confirm type of seat fitted to your bike?

Flat ST or ST3 Hump

photo will help. Still making moulds
Can advise soon

Regards

Carl
Hello
I would believe my seat is the second one…ST3 hump… see picture attached
Would it be made of glad finer or shiny carbon fibre would be an option?
Thanks
P
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello
Thanks
P
View attachment 1016561
Hello
Thanks
P
View attachment 1016561
Thanks for the pic
I don’t yet have a mould for carbon fibre

but can supply in fibreglass at this point, unpainted in grey primer and you will need to get it painted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the pic
I don’t yet have a mould for carbon fibre

but can supply in fibreglass at this point, unpainted in grey primer and you will need to get it painted
Thank you
Primer to be painted would be ok for the tile being
I am fine with this
Can you please specify cost ? (Price + Shipping to France)
I would still be interested by full Caron part if/when available…
Thank you
P

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you
Primer to be painted would be ok for the tile being
I am fine with this
Can you please specify cost ? (Price + Shipping to France)
I would still be interested by full Caron part if/when available…
Thank you
P
okay

Cost is $250 (Australian dollars) approx 160
Euros

postage to where in France, I will need to get a quote for that. I need to weigh my part for an estimate

will put you on the list if I go carbon

·
Registered
5 Posts
okay

Cost is $250 (Australian dollars) approx 160
Euros

postage to where in France, I will need to get a quote for that. I need to weigh my part for an estimate

will put you on the list if I go carbon
Thank you
Shipping to F-67000 Strasbourg /France
I am fine with the 250 AUS$ + shipping (should not be more than 50 AUS$ I would assume…?
yes, please put me on the full carbon list when possible
Thks
P

1 - 13 of 13 Posts