Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '06 ST3s. Should any seat from any model year ST fit it? Looking to pickup a used Corbin, and want to make sure I buy one that works.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Lanesmatb - I love east TN. Great place to live and even better if you have a bike!

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I have a '06 ST3s. Should any seat from any model year ST fit it? Looking to pickup a used Corbin, and want to make sure I buy one that works.
I have an extra seat that I should sell. It's either a Corbin or a Sargent. I'm away from my house for the next few days, but can check for you when I get home. I was asking $200 for it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an extra seat that I should sell. It's either a Corbin or a Sargent. I'm away from my house for the next few days, but can check for you when I get home. I was asking $200 for it.
Definitely interested. Please email me pics, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Matt, PM me your email address, and I can send photos. I photo'd this seat back in 2016, but never posted it for sale.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I had a Corbin saddle, and found it too hard for long stints. Also, there was only one place on the saddle that my bum would settle into, back against the raised bolster, at the lowest portion of the saddle. Where puddles formed.. It was a drag not being able to change positions for long timeframes on a sport-touring bike. And disappointing that this saddle was custom-made for me by Corbin based on my parameters. I think the Sargent was/is a better product. To me, the late-series ST stock saddle is perfect as far as I'm concerned - I wouldn't change it out for any aftermarket saddle, much less the Corbin.

A few caveats:
- I'm about 150 lbs, so your results may vary.
- This was a LOooong time ago, so Corbin's products could be very different these days, if still in business.

·
Premium Member
6,913 Posts
Save your money, your stock seat is really good, I use one on my 02 ST4s with a sheepskin cover.

Cheers

Craig

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seat

Save your money, your stock seat is really good, I use one on my 02 ST4s with a sheepskin cover.

Cheers
Craig
Thanks Craig. I just got my ST about 8 days ago. It came with a different seat that sits a bit weird for me. I did order a stock seat through EBay, but didn’t pay attention to the model year because I knew it would fit. I’ve since read that the stock seats in later years were improved. I already have a sheep skin from former use. I actually like beads too. Thanks again!

Matt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts