·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here from around St. Louis?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm from STL & actually grew up in Webster Groves. I now live in KC. I miss STL although KC has a great Ducati following and shop.

I'd like to ride the roads out 94 near Augusta or Dutzow sometime. That's probably still long drive from where you are across the river.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Our Ducati Tech, Mario, throws a huge Ducati BBQ in the middle of summer. I would come for that! It's held at a park close to the shop. It's definitely the biggest Ducati only event here.

Also, I'm not going to be able to make it (too busy with a project at work), but next month there is going to be an Italian Bike only track day at Mid American Motorplex (think it's in Nebraska or IA?). If you would like me to forward you the email about it, let me know.

Also, I've never made it to it yet, but there is a big biker get together called Ralph Waynes during the summer. Supposedly, they have all makes with quite a few British and Italian classics represented each year.

BTW, the guys meet at the shop on Saturdays or Sundays or at the Kansas City Plaza to ride with that group throughout the year.

Let me know when ur heading this way.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
J24Joe said:
I'm from STL & actually grew up in Webster Groves. I now live in KC. I miss STL although KC has a great Ducati following and shop.

I'd like to ride the roads out 94 near Augusta or Dutzow sometime. That's probably still long drive from where you are across the river.
Wow, I totally forgot I started this thread :eek: Sorry it took me a millenium to respond...

I ride with a group stlar.com her in St. Louis. We're a bunch of track whores and highway onramp MotoGP racers :D . We hit 94 alot, but mostly like to head south down towards Bixby on P and DD. Every once in a while, we'll do an overnighter to Arkansas, land of the banked hairpins :cool:

I actually have family in Sedalia, MO, about 1 1/2 hours from KC. I trek there alot as well, and am planning a group ride from St. Louis up to Sedalia for BBQ and back in August. I'll give you a lookup when we do that.

Are you a member of MADOG? I've thought about riding up for a meeting sometime.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I know it's been a while since you posted this but I too am from St. Louis. I just bought a 998 2 weeks ago, my first Ducati. I see you are a member of STLAR, I am a MCRA member, I have been doing track days here in St. Louis with them.

Just wanted to let you know there is another St. Louisian here!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
oh yeah, I forgot to ask, What is MADOG?

I assume it is some sort of Ducati Owner's Group but what is the significance?

Thanks Again,

Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
J24Joe said:
Our Ducati Tech, Mario, throws a huge Ducati BBQ in the middle of summer.
Holy smokes... small world. I know who Mario is. I lived in Manhattan KS and then Leavenworth for a while (mid-1999 to mid-2003). I purchase all but one of my Ducatis from Letko.

Anyway, I figured I'd chime in on this thread. Even though I'm a couple hours out of St Louis, it tends to be the closest thing for car/motorcycle type activities. I'm currently between Ducatis. But, that will hopefully change sometime late this year.

·
Registered
649 Posts
(question from two posts ago) Madog is: http://www.madog.us/

Great to hear from you Buford!

Have you checked out Gateway International Raceway since relocating?

We just did a ride to Washington, KS this weekend. Man, that was hard on my (superbike) neck. A guy on an ST rode from Manhatten to meet us in KC for the start of the ride. I didn't catch his name; however, it sounded like he was from Wisconsin.

BTW, we cruised right by Ft. Leavenworth on the way back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
J24Joe said:
A guy on an ST rode from Manhatten to meet us in KC for the start of the ride. I didn't catch his name; however, it sounded like he was from Wisconsin.

BTW, we cruised right by Ft. Leavenworth on the way back.
I haven't been up to Gateway Int'l Raceway yet.

The guy you mentioned from Manhattan.... was it a silver ST2? If so, there is about a 99.99% chance that was my old bike. I sold my ST to someone in the Manhattan area, and Manhattan is too small for there to be two silver ST2s running around. :D

I still have some real good friends who live in Manhattan. There's a small aftermarket shop there called Motorcycle Supply. It's run by a guy named Larry. He's a good guy, and he has a neat little store.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Duc owner in southwest St. Louis county here.

I usually ride with a friend, and fellow Duc owner. Haven't had much time this year, family things and trying to get my 97 916 back in one piece have taken up most weekends. Looking forward to some fall rides though.

I might hit one of the European Motorcycle Union meets in Dupo, IL. I think it's still the first Tuesday of the month.

Later!
--Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
One more Duc rider from the metro east. Not very many of us around here. Who are you using for service around here?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Me, myself, and I, Inc. ;)

I do everything except the things that require the tools that I can't afford, such as the CO/gas tester for the throttle bodies. Belts, valves, and other service items I do on my own.

When I do need service, I usually use Donelson (North Store on the Rock road) Dennis is pretty knowledgeable, but he doesn't work on bikes much anymore. (Manager duties) I have friends that have made the drive up to Springfield, IL to Halls Harley/Ducati, and have been happy with their service. Letko is supposed to be good too, but it's just too far away. (Kansas City)

I think there's more of us around here than you think, but since Donelson does nothing to pull owners together, it's hard to tell. Last time a friend and I went on a ride down to Washinton, MO for breakfast, I spotted a 900SS and a Monster go past the restaurant while we were eating. Along with my 916, I also own a 907IE, as does my friend, and he knows of at least three others in the area. (Which is pretty good considering the low production numbers those bikes had.)

We could definitely use a more "engaged" dealer around here. (like Letko)

--Mike

·
Registered
56 Posts
Picked up a 2005 Mutli 1000 DS yesterday with only 1200 miles on the odometer.

Very happy so far, i just need to learn more about mods ect. I needed another bike and the price was right.

Im looking for a descent sounding slipon and bag options. I personally am not a big fan of Donelson but ive heard their mechanics are good.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Nice purchase! I've test ridden the 1000 & 620 MS & loved them.

BTW, the best exhaust that I've heard on the Multi is the Zard shoebox. It sounded fantastic.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks

I think ive settled on the Zard slipon first, then some Famsa bags and then the front header to remove the pre-silencer. I just want a good sound and room to carry a little gear for my rides to Sullivan.

Im not really concerned with max hp but a little mid range boost would be nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts