Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to hear from anyone who may have these (http://www.ducatidesigns.com/inc/sdetail/2714)

I have several questions. Paul I'm sure can answer some.

1) Since they are not rubber coated, is there a lot more vibration transfered to the rider?
2) Not sure how to order the correct size-offset? Anyone know what is standard/stock for comparison? Pros/cons to other sizes?
3) Difficult to instal?

My right knee has some issues and I am thinking that being able to adjust the position from time to time would help, which leads to;

4) Are these easy to reposition while on the road?
5) by moving the pegs, does one also need to adjust the shifter/brake arms as well?

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Still needs a life.
12,618 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Yes, they are easy to install.

Yes, they are easily adjustable on the road. Just take along the proper size hex.

I could not feel any more vibration from stock.

Yes, you will need to make adjustments to the controls, how much depends on your particular body size and special needs.

I don't remember the offset I ordered but I would recommend the shortest to keep the pegs close to stock offset.

I picked up the "tour" pegs. They seem to have more grip based on the pictures.

Hope this helps. Fred

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you both very much. On the DD site the parts are listed as 'new' so I didn't think there would be reviews as of yet. Not sure how 'new' they are to market!

Have used the search in the past and find it to be a good resource. Sorry on this one, should have gone there first.

I think these are in my future.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have them and like them. Very easy to install, and I was able to make the appropriate adjustments to the shift lever and brake pedal to make everything work together. I have the Sport Touring pegs, and there is no more vibration than before. I think I went with the 10mm offset, but not sure. I went with the middle one as suggested by DD.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Curious to hear from anyone who may have these (http://www.ducatidesigns.com/inc/sdetail/2714)

1) Since they are not rubber coated, is there a lot more vibration transfered to the rider?
I just installed some of these on my HYM over the weekend ... interestingly enough (fronts) the bracket that the pegs actually attach to is isolated by rubber "gromets" on the 3ea main bolts that attach it to the bike ... found this out because I had to change one of those brackets out at the same time due to damage from a previous "drop" ... ears being bent outward a little too much to get the pin in or out. It's all good now!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I liked these pegs so much I had Paul design some for my passenger. I fitted them on last year and my rider REALLY enjoys the added leg room. I like them because they are a ton cleaner looking that those huge molded stock pegs.

Randy

·
Registered
138 Posts
just installed a set of the race with 30mm offset about a week ago. Pros are that for some reason it makes my side to side transitions a whole lot easier. I don't know if my knee being at less of an angle allows me to react quicker or what but I seem to be able to get my center line away from the bike much faster.

Cons....kinda makes the shifting sorta wonky. You have to angle your foot in because the pegs are farther away from the bike then stock. Also, I don't have enough adjustment in the rear brake to make it effective and if you adjust the shifter down too far you won't be able to get it in gear as it will hit the kickstand.

Other than that tremendously fast shipping and good response and quality product.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I agree the shifting feels different at first but if you spend a little time adjusting your shift linkage I think you can get it right where you want it. For me I lowered the pegs and that made the area between the shifter and the center stand narrow. I was able to find the sweet spot however.

As for the brake I also agree you need a longer rear brake lever to make that work and I ended up installing one from Desmotimes. Once installed and after I spent a little time adjusting it and checking I have been very happy!!

Good luck.
Randy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts