Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1998 ST2 fuel level doesn't work. Everything runs fine; but having to watch mileage and tape over the low level light is tacky. When tank is full shows on the screen correct; but after a few miles it goes to low. Haven't taken the tank off yet. Thought I would get some input first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, I am still new to the ST2 but have noticed that the fuel level does fluctuate once I get going, at times seeming to regenerate fuel. Not sure if this is related but I do think it speaks to a general 'quirky' reading of the fuel level.

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
1998 ST2 fuel level doesn't work. Everything runs fine; but having to watch mileage and tape over the low level light is tacky. When tank is full shows on the screen correct; but after a few miles it goes to low. Haven't taken the tank off yet. Thought I would get some input first.
Take the whole pump unit out and take a look at the float for the sender unit , perhaps you have a very small leak into it which allows it to fill with fuel until you next get low and it drains out.
You then refill and the float has sufficient buoyancy to rise up the sender unit but then gradually fills-up losing buoyancy and drops back down until the whole process starts again the next time.

BTW - This is just me thinking out loud , could evry possibly be a load of rubbish but worth a try.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My ST3 did the same, I replaced the sending unit in the tank and all is well. I too got tired of the light on 40-50 miles after a fill up and the trip computer unusable also.
Easy Job

1 - 4 of 4 Posts