Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I want to remove the stock plate turn and rear signal holder and replace with something much smaller. I'm happy to fabricate my own part and would be happy to see what others have come up with and-or something that can be purchased. I'm guessing there are already threads for this but since I'm new here, I don't fully understand how to find those threads...Craig

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
There used to be a company out of Vegas that made the best fender eliminator for these bikes. I believe they are long gone but if you want to search for "Delta V" for any of the fuel injected supersports it should be the same. I thought I had one around here some where if you are interested I will search to see if my memory is right, Pm me and be patient it might take a while.

I have seen home made eliminators ranging from great to terrible. Most are simple bent sheet metal affairs that get the job done and look decent enough. If you are handy I would expect you can fabricate something without a welder being involved. Pay attention to plate location and turn signal mounts as these are often the places people go wrong. Plate angle needs to not hit your rear tire at full suspension compression, you have no idea how many get this wrong and find out only when the plate is smashed into their tire.

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
I just bent some aluminum to bolt up to existing holes, plate is all that shows so workmanship isn’t a big deal. Bent the correct angle to keep the plate off the tire after install.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plate

Thanks for the the replies.....going to make my own out of aluminum based on the information that was shared.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New tail from no dumping sign

Made this today from a "No Dumping" sign I had. Going to coat it with satin epoxy paint. Im using the stock turns and the stock license plate light. Thanks again for recommendations.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts