Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's my birthday today:) and I convinced a guy I know to swap his raised carbon exhausts off his SS750 which he is selling anyway with my SS800 low exhausts. I'm pretty sure there is no difference in the raised carbon exhausts that Ducati sold for the 800 than the ones on the 750 but I couldn't find the part number to double check. Can anyone confirm this just to give me peace of mind?
Also I have another issue with the mounting; The 750 has the brackets for the high exhaust and the shorter footrests but they are all broken and scraped up (strange cos the exhausts are like new) and to be honest I'd rather hang on to my mint rear footrests and add some spacers to accomodate the new exhausts until I make the monoposto conversion to my bike. My problem is of course how will I mount my low exhausts on the 750 and keep my footrests? The obvious answer is to buy the guy another set but I haven't found any at a reasonable price, plus I didn't want to wait too long to make the swap. I'm sure with all the custom mods going on in this forum someone will be able to help me out:p

·
Registered
157 Posts
you could get creative and cut something out of aluminum or steel flat bar stock.

if youre not keen on fabricating and want to buy something you might just swap for the scraped parts and look for some ebay or classified listed passenger sets down the road when you can get a deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts