Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that this fork will work properly in a Sport Bipo without further mods?

I ask because of the weight difference of the two bikes…

Does anyone have experience with this fork?

It is offered on italian Ebay and said to be OEM Ducati spare part and unused… starting bid is 250 €

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
It should bolt straight on, you may need to check the axle diameter and whether new spacers may be needed though.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
I ask because of the weight difference of the two bikes…

is there a noticeable difference in weight ?
the SS 1000 DS weights in at 185 Kgs. dry.

axle diameter is 25mm for both of them, fork
should be a straight swap, if i remember cor-
rectly.

cheers.

Edith would ask the seller for some better pictures, to ensure,
the offered fork is a fully adjustable one. :think:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks… i am done with it!

According to my old mechanic Sigi i ordered a Hyperpro Progressive Spring/Oil Kit suitable for my weight…

He claims, that the OEM Showa is no alternative for me as it is to harsh over small bumps and that it is better to tune the Marzocchi according to my demands…

Saves me money too…:)

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am going to be slapping the front end from a 999, along with the BSTs, on my Sport1000 when I get out of Afghanistan. Getting the Speedy-Moto SBK triples to complete the package. Can't wait ti see how it turns out.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The 1000SS fork isnt bad, probably better than the sport classic stock fork but its not brilliant. When I had a 1000ss used to run max preload and it still blew through all the fork travel without much provocation so I think its undersprung. I'm not a lightwieght at 15st so it may differ for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts