Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just become late life Ducati owner at 72 of age.
Ducati 2000 st2 2 weeks ago , just gone from 1991 fj1200 classic reliable machine, has. for 7 years put on 100000klm. never a break down on the road in all that time, their motors are bullet proof. I just wanted a change and this Ducati was recommenced and one owner with records. Done 1200klm soo far, great, new experience compared too Yama...fast and light, Yama was 255 KG
ST had 98 000KLM fully serviced immaculate condition.
any one out there who could let me know of any quirks the bike has.

couple of issues after I bought bike, ie oil leak and no natural when running, former tightened. oil filter and latter inserting thinner clutch plate, all fixed. Now ready for run.

any advise appreciated.

Simon.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Welcome, Simon. You've come to the right place though I can't give you much insight as I just got my ST a short time ago. But, others will chime in and set you straight. I will say, that will that many documented miles/service, there can't be much yours will need other than more of the regular periodic maintenance.

·
Administrator
13,029 Posts
Hi Simon and welcome to Ducati.ms! We are super happy to have you here.

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

·
Registered
233 Posts
You missed the single phase electrical system so that’s good. Still handy to keep a close eye on the electrics and particularly at connectors from the stator to the RR and back.

You’ve already sorted out some niggles, 2V valve service and belts are pretty simple stuff. New fuel pump and filters often always keeps em happy.

Keep an eye on the horizontal cylinder bore for scoring. Usually on the lower side of the piston

Check torque in engine stud bolts often. Service the swinging arm, pivots, etc.

Really solid bikes and very self-maintainable. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts