Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
So this one is a bit weird and really pissed me off...

My buddies and I were on our way back from Laguna Seca on Monday afternoon heading South on the 101 toward LA. We were just south of Santa Maria when this guy (girlfriend on the back) came up really close to me and reached out with his hand to try and grab or hit me or my bike... I was like WTF!! Fortunately I moved out of the way just in time so he couldn't make contact. This guy also had a buddy riding with him but he seemed cool and didn't try anything squidly. The two bikes rolled forward of us and out of sight... I shook it off and let it go. Then about another twenty minutes later, out of no where here this guy comes (from behind) and hits my arm with his!!! Again, WTF!!! So now I'm pissed off. I roll forward of my buddy leading or four person pack, properly spaced, going with the flow of traffic, and behaving ourselves. I catch up to the A$$hole and toss my hand in the air gesturing WTF... All he does is put his left hand up as to say hi, then flaps his left hand saying bye, bye and rolls off up ahead. I think though of a bunch of shit to do to this guy but ultimately just let it go as the road was crowded and I didn't want to escalate any road rage.

Has this ever happened to anyone here and if so, is it some sort of gang shit or just a dumb a$$ squid?

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts
Sounds like a case of mistaken identity. Him doing it twice like that. I have never heard of something like this happening to anyone else, crazy.

·
Mr Leakered
8,928 Posts
Just too clarify, it sounds like it was two separate squids? WTF indeed.

Just when I thought folks in cages have completely lost their marbles, now we're down to riders playing tag a Duc.

I do believe we are hosed as a society.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
312 Posts
We are screwed if people on bikes forget they are on bikes... wtf

·
Registered
85 HD, 87 Paso 750, 94 Bimota DB2, 94 GSXR750, 96 GSXR1100, 98 ST2, 00 R1, 01 M900, 02 748, 03 999
3,451 Posts
Mistaken identity....trying to egg you into a "race".....someone just screwing with you....There's no telling.

If he knew you, I'd think he was attempting a friendly game of "Kill Switch".

My wife and her buddies used to play Kill-Switch all the time in the 90's and into the early 2000's. When someone wasn't paying attention, you sneak up on their right side and hit their kill switch and then take off. Usually, they'll just turn the switch back on and there will be a huge backfire when the bike restarts. She's tried it with me, but I've let her know I really don't find any amusement in it. They've also pulled up to each other at an intersection, and just as it turns green, you grab the other guy's keys out of the ignition and thrown them down and then take off.....then there's always taking your keys and hiding them if you leave them in the ignition at a rest break and some other things.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Very strange...the only thing I could think of is he was bored to death from the long ride back and wanted to pass the time by being a complete ass.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just too clarify, it sounds like it was two separate squids? WTF indeed.
Nope, this was the same guy... Maybe he thought he knew me or something. Or maybe he didn't like my bike, I was on the Honda CBR with the Rothman's color scheme... who knows?

The only reference I have to this kind of behavior comes from an old X-box game called "Street Kings" where you receive points for bumping up against other vehicles without crashing out. Also, I believe a couple of Native American tribes would use a stick and attempt to tap their enemy and then ride off... I suppose it proved that you were really brave as you could sneak up and score on your enemy without killing them or yourself getting killed by them... it was called "Counting Coup" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counting_coup

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Maybe he was fantasizing about being a racer at the finish line, and he was congratulating his competitor? Although that doesn't explain his second visit, unless he ran 2 mental races...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sounds like it scared you more than anything.

Probably a nice guy but WTF was that all about. Complete stranger riding that close with know notice and grabing you...........Bet your mind was going around trying to figure this guy out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would have reverted back to Atari Road Rash days. Left leg kick over and over. Hahaha I give you props for your level of understanding

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah if he tried this stunt once, I would think he's just an idiot, but to come up again and try it, he must have thought you were a different acquaintance or something. Still not smart; who tries to screw with their friend on their bike?!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Did you get his license plate number? I would've called the police to report a drunk driver, then honk at him a few miles up when you pass him while he's pulled over and walking the line!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I would have called the cops and demanded a follow up.
That shit has no place on public roads.

D

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
I'd consider this an assault as you could have been seriously injured. I would report it to police at least with a description of rider and bike. Does sound like some stupid gang thing though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts