Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
øøøøº
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
848SF's changed footpegs positions and a raised handlebar make it really easy to fart while riding on the streets. What a great commuter bike!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Hey spitz old buddy, see you've taken a bite out of the ol humour sock, good for you, funny bugger ay ? So spitz, what do you do for relief anyway?:abduct:

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Hey spitz old buddy, see you've taken a bite out of the ol humour sock, good for you, funny bugger ay ? So spitz, what do you do for relief anyway?:abduct:
Still at it - Relentless !!!!! ;-)

·
1,766 Posts
I am doing ok BZR! Thanks for asking. I've just got back from Santa Barbara where a test rode my bike after it was blueprinted. It was a very emotional experience. I can't remember the first 10-15 minutes after I started riding. It was like I had entered a different dimension. A time stopped. Nothing mattered. When I've finally got back cônscios I still was moving just like everyone else on a road. Except much faster :D
The biggest impressions from a blueprint are the sound of a high-compression motor and a precise gear shifting. Those two are the big ones. It revs up pretty fast. At some point it seemed the motor was reving up faster then the bike was accelerating! Can it be real? I had a triple numbers speed readings for a few times .. And one of the drivers on a road gave me a finger for a rude riding style. But I wasn't rude. I was over fucking excited to ride it again after waiting for so long. And to experience this fine machine all tuned up to a perfection.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
I am doing ok BZR! Thanks for asking. I've just got back from Santa Barbara where a test rode my bike after it was blueprinted. It was a very emotional experience. I can't remember the first 10-15 minutes after I started riding. It was like I had entered a different dimension. A time stopped. Nothing mattered. When I've finally got back cônscios I still was moving just like everyone else on a road. Except much faster :D
The biggest impressions from a blueprint are the sound of a high-compression motor and a precise gear shifting. Those two are the big ones. It revs up pretty fast. At some point it seemed the motor was reving up faster then the bike was accelerating! Can it be real? I had a triple numbers speed readings for a few times .. And one of the drivers on a road gave me a finger for a rude riding style. But I wasn't rude. I was over fucking excited to ride it again after waiting for so long. And to experience this fine machine all tuned up to a perfection.
Let us know how the dyno run goes!

·
øøøøº
1,312 Posts
Chuck bet me to it spitz,sounds like the clutch, were you feathering/fingers resting on the clutch as you were riding & accidentally put pressure on the lever? Slipper? Hope she works out good & don't go jamming it up someones ass!

·
1,766 Posts
sounds like the clutch, were you feathering/fingers resting on the clutch as you were riding & accidentally put pressure on the lever? Slipper?
There is a slipper clutch installed on a bike. It slips on downshifting during a hard deceleration. Does it suppose to slip on hard acceleration as well?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
There is a slipper clutch installed on a bike. It slips on downshifting during a hard deceleration. Does it suppose to slip on hard acceleration as well?
I thought that a slipper clutch was only supposed to "slip" durring downshifting as it prevents the wheel spin from driving the engine. Since durring acceleration its the engine driving the wheel, and the way the clutch is made, there shouldn't be any slipping? Kinda like a one way valve I would guess?:think:

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts

No, not on accelleration, just when the force of the road tries to move faster than your engine. (decel downshift mostly)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'd say confirm there is a issue before diagnosing one and having him run around trying to fix it ;)

Could have been the excitement of getting the toy back combined with the new mods changing the nature of the engine that gave him that feeling. I'd say keep on riding it for now and see if there really is any clutch slip going on. Should be pretty easy to spot if it's happening.

I recently just fixed my own clutch slip issue though... in the end it was just a badly adjusted plunger pin on my clutch lever.

·
øøøøº
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Go Homer!!!!!! I now believe, farkU

·
øøøøº
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whose farkU & why am i being nice to spitz.

·
1,766 Posts
Everyone please stay on a topic. Or I would have to contact a moderator asking to moderate this thread.

·
øøøøº
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Please don't pick that up!!!

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts
hehe. Took you long enough Flyn. :D

Seriously, I am here to try to restore the SF forum to the greatness it once had.

I am going to try hard to keep important threads relevant and to the point so that future owners can benefit from their searches. We have managed to keep the FAQ clean so I know we can do the same to the others.

If you want to continue this conversation, please do it here: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/138-streetfighter/138070-oh-yeah.html

I will be glad to chat about me or my duties here as a moderator there, but I will be deleting any further discussion about it here. Lets keep this thread to Sputnik's blueprinting work which I think is a first here and very cool.

P.S. while I am on my soap box, this F848/F1098 rivalry has got to stop. I know most jokes are just that, but insults will not be tolerated any more. Any future ribbing better be clear it is just that. We are all Streetfighter owners here no matter which model.

·
Registered
442 Posts
^amen lol if the 848 vs 1098 has to stop, than I just wanna say that my black SFS is the fastest color, definitely faster than the white, red, yellow, or graphite :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts