Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was out riding tonight and while riding (with over half a tank of fuel left) my bike spudered and died. It would turn over and sounded like it wanted to re-fire but felt like there wasn't any fuel getting there. While I waited for a buddy to come and rescue me, I checked to see if anything had come disconnected; everything looked OK. Also, it sounds like the fuel pump is working. Could something be plugged?
Has anyone encountered similar problems? My waaranty ran out a couple of months ago so I hope to fix this on my own, if possible.
I'll probably try to pull the filter and pump off this weekend to see if there's fuel getting there.
Any suggestions welcome remembering I'm handy, but no mechanic.
Thanks,

·
Registered
66 Posts
well first thing i would check for spark and fuel. you can get one of those spark tester and hook up to your ignition wire and see if you are getting any spark. Then i would go for the fuel pressure test next. if those are ok then more test might be needed like compression etc... good luck.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Potatoes in the exhausts? :think:

How bout the fuel connector problem?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Potatoes in the exhausts? :think:

How bout the fuel connector problem?
Ya, I chucked the spuds and still have the problem.
I've heard plenty of guys have had this "fuel connector problem."
Can u fill me in on the particulars? Can I fix it or does it have to go to get fixed?
Many thanks,

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Of course mate. We are Oz men. We do everything over beer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Spuderd?

Jesus Christ. I am so fucking tired of these misspellings. Christ, don't you blokes have any nuns to kick yer arsese when you spell shit wrong?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jesus Christ. I am so fucking tired of these misspellings. Christ, don't you blokes have any nuns to kick yer arsese when you spell shit wrong?
Whut du ya meen? Whut eese un arsese?

Shouldn't that be spelled A-S-S?
Check your nuns...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Of course mate. We are Oz men. We do everything over beer.
And WASP will be shouting too.....that will be so sweet.

Would you like to meet the Grid Girl he has arranged for me....you can borrow her...no charge...it's just going on the Wasp tab

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
And WASP will be shouting too.....that will be so sweet.

Would you like to meet the Grid Girl he has arranged for me....you can borrow her...no charge...it's just going on the Wasp tab
Thanks mate.
Maybe he'll finally reveal WTF his magic go-fast kit is down there too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts