Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help!!!

Hi guys, own a 1098 and just bought a Hyper 1100s yippie!!!
Ok live in Mexico City almost 10,000 feet above and performance lacks a tad because of this!
I have a 2008 Hyper 1100s with std front and rear sprocket, wanting to change them also a 520 chain, wanting to make the bike more of a wheelie machine with more low and mid range so pretty much a hoon / fun bike!
I was told by a ex racer and mechanic to go up 2 teeth on the back, not sure!

Any thoughts guys based on what I wrote?
Cheers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Up 2 in the rear will help with that! I'm not sure what the stock gearing on the 1100s is, but there are limits to the rear sprocket size due to the SSA. You can also drop in tooth on the front sprocket to get similar results, but that can cause the chain to wear more quickly (not radically fast, just a little quicker than the 15t front).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Up 2 in the rear will help with that! I'm not sure what the stock gearing on the 1100s is, but there are limits to the rear sprocket size due to the SSA. You can also drop in tooth on the front sprocket to get similar results, but that can cause the chain to wear more quickly (not radically fast, just a little quicker than the 15t front).
Thanks bloke for the input!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Some people say that dropping front sprocket from 15T to 14T will cause chain to rattle against chain slider and wear slider faster. Can`t confirm because I haven`t tried 14T front sprocket.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
If you go to a smaller front sprocket you need to keep your chain adjusted or it will chew the swing arm protectors. The bigger rear Sprocket is a better choice but you’ll have to get a longer chain. I tried a smaller front to start, then changed the rear when I needed a new chain.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you go to a smaller front sprocket you need to keep your chain adjusted or it will chew the swing arm protectors. The bigger rear Sprocket is a better choice but you’ll have to get a longer chain. I tried a smaller front to start, then changed the rear when I needed a new chain.
Wow this is the stuff nobody tells you! Thanks man!!! ill most likely go up a couple in the back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts