Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my sprockets and chain on my 98 ST2. Anybody have any recommendations on where I can find a decent set? Should I go back with the OEM number of teeth on the sprockets or change them? Just wondering if anyone out there had any good deal place they can get all three of them at one place.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I used a lightweight steel sprocket on my ST4S: AFAM Rear Superlite 525 Black Steel Rear Sprocket . It was actually lighter then the aluminum "Supersprox-Stealth" sprocket that I have used on a few other bikes.

I used a DRIVEN Light Front Sprocket 525/14T on the front and added a
CNC FABRICATION Ducati Case Saver: Chain Guard to protect the case.

I replaced the chain with a D.I.D 525 ZVM-X Chain.

Register on the Motowheels website for FREE passwords, it will give you access to discounts on most non-sale items.

-M

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
+1 for the Sprocket Center.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I used a lightweight steel sprocket on my ST4S: AFAM Rear Superlite 525 Black Steel Rear Sprocket . It was actually lighter then the aluminum "Supersprox-Stealth" sprocket that I have used on a few other bikes.

I used a DRIVEN Light Front Sprocket 525/14T on the front and added a
CNC FABRICATION Ducati Case Saver: Chain Guard to protect the case.

I replaced the chain with a D.I.D 525 ZVM-X Chain.

Register on the Motowheels website for FREE passwords, it will give you access to discounts on most non-sale items.

-M
I was just on y'alls site yesterday, as I've had great customer service with all the orders i've placed from y'all. When i searched 2005 ST3 it only came up with a 520 AFAM, had i seen the 525 i would've purchased a chain/sprocket combo.

I dont know if the site needs to be updated?????????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Motowheels

I was just on y'alls site yesterday, as I've had great customer service with all the orders i've placed from y'all. When i searched 2005 ST3 it only came up with a 520 AFAM, had i seen the 525 i would've purchased a chain/sprocket combo.

I wish I had bought my DID ZVM-X chain at Motowheels. I mistakenly bought a 520 instead of the 525 from another online dealer. I just opened it and set one link and it would not fit. Tried to return it but they would not accept. Now I have a spare 520 link that I could not use.

I had bought Shorai batteries from Motowheels and I had a very good experience. Good people to do business.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I wish I had bought my DID ZVM-X chain at Motowheels. I mistakenly bought a 520 instead of the 525 from another online dealer. I just opened it and set one link and it would not fit. Tried to return it but they would not accept. Now I have a spare 520 link that I could not use.

I had bought Shorai batteries from Motowheels and I had a very good experience. Good people to do business.
Yup, i agree, thats why im trying to prompt them to update their seach bar on the site, id rather have given them $270 for chain/sprockets than sprocket center.

Nothing against sprocket center, but i believe in trying to support vendors whenever practical.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts

I'll tell our webguy to update it.
-M

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Should I go back with the OEM number of teeth on the sprockets or change them?
Only you know the answer to that.
How does it feel to ride ? Does it seem overgeared ?

Why not put your bike model and year in your sig ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't rode it yet. I am still working on it. It needs a new sprocket and chain. I was just wondering what would be some opinions on what some of you have and how many teeth you are running on your bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I have an 07 ST3, and since I was going to change the chain and both sprockets anyway, I decided to change the gearing. Stock was 15/42, I stayed with a 15 in the front and went up 2 on the rear to a 44.
The bike handles better around town, and has more grunt at highway speeds.
Very happy with the results.

·
7,733 Posts
Genuine Ducati ST3 "final drive kit":

676.2.055.1A

Off with the old, on with the new, quick, easy, no hunting around, no chain breakers/rivet tools etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts