Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of us from my local riding group are starting our third annual "Spring Break in Lewiston (Idaho)" road trip/rally tomorrow. Our own Mark Turbo got an early start on the riding today. A local gal who rides a 748 has promised to join up with us over there. I will try to be a good boy and take some photos to post here.
Here are two photos from last year's trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bill,
would love to meet your guys down there, but need a little more heads up than 1 day. If you have other trips, give me a little more lead time and would love to hookup.

Allen

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are two photos I took along the Grande Ronde River. In addition to the deer, we saw two Desert Bighorn sheep cross the road in front of us and scamper up the canyon side on the road between Boggans Oasis and Troy, Oregon. The following day on the ride home we had to leave Mark Turbo in Waitsburg when his rear wheel bearing failed (see ST forum).

Attachments

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
We rode old US 95 on Whitebird Hill. The old road on north face of the hill is worth riding, the south face is not. The old road on the south face is poorly maintained and covered with gravel. It is also open range, so one must deal with brown ice as well. Too bad the road is not maintained as it contains a series of 20 mph hairpin switchbacks going right up the ridge, similar to some of the passes in the Alps. You can see me in the foreground about ready to enter one of those switchbacks. The black dots you see farther down the hill is a group (not enough to call a herd) of cows we had to ride through. I am parked at the bottom of the old grade in the second photo.

Attachments

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
new videos

Here are some new videos of last spring's trip. For those of you who have never been to Northern Idaho, it will give you an idea of why this is some of the best riding in the PNW, second only to Eastern Oregon. About halfway through the video is a re-mastered, 60's psychildelic version of Mark Turbo's famous karaoke bar solo. Unfortunately, the scene of Mark getting mobbed by the nubile young roadies has been cut out.
http://www.nwbikers.com/VID_PNWSpringBreak.html

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Bill_Anderson said:
Here are some new videos of last spring's trip. For those of you who have never been to Northern Idaho, it will give you an idea of why this is some of the best riding in the PNW, second only to Eastern Oregon. About halfway through the video is a re-mastered, 60's psychildelic version of Mark Turbo's famous karaoke bar solo. Unfortunately, the scene of Mark getting mobbed by the nubile young roadies has been cut out.
http://www.nwbikers.com/VID_PNWSpringBreak.html
Ah but I still have the memories.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts