Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just installed a set of ST3 risers, no cable or hose changes, can be swapped in 1.5 - 2 hours
The risers sell for $440 from Ducati for the risers and bars. I hear rumor DP may offer something very similiar soon... For us, these worked out great !!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
I was going to say "that looks almost like a Ducati OEM part" and then you said they were from Ducati. And then I read the thread again where you said they were from an ST3. Well duh.

Looks nice!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine fell off

Eeewww - hasn't that gas vapor cannister fallen off yet? Mine fell off before the bike even left the dealer's.

I haven't had the chance to ride my s1000 far enough yet to know if I'm going to need risers, but it's nice to know there is such a good solution. My BMW R1100S has the low-position bars, which are fine, but I think the Duc's bars are even lower.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Dave_R_996 said:
We just installed a set of ST3 risers, no cable or hose changes, can be swapped in 1.5 - 2 hours
The risers sell for $440 from Ducati for the risers and bars. I hear rumor DP may offer something very similiar soon... For us, these worked out great !!
Dave....are those the risers from an ST?.....looks clean and nice!

G

·
I was at my dealer the other day and he said they had sold 3 of the ST3's bar risers already for the S1000.

The Paul Smart version is even lower.

I had to look at the Sport-Classics. They are beautiful.

Tom.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Risers and ST3

1st post…Just purchased a yellow Classic Sport yesterday (Sat) in Vancouver, BC. Will leave it at the dealers for another month or so until the weather warms up a little. I guess I can go visit every once and a while. Maybe even take it out and start it up. Also have a Yamaha Roadstar in the in-laws garage until warmer times. Have to keep the Roadstar as my wife is such a good passenger and looks great in her leathers.

Have a question about the ST3 Risers that have replaced the stock clip-ons. The local dealer and I checked out the risers on a ST3 and could not see how they keyed on the Sport Classic. What is to stop the ST3 Risers from rotating on a hard stop. Just the clamping on the forks?

I have looked at some of the aftermarket ST3 Risers available and am wondering if they might also fit on the Sport Classic.

I am sure that I will have additional questions in the near future….will keep checking this forum. (have replaced the stock mufflers)

Thanks in advance

Doug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.