Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Sport Touring Pictures

659K views 2K replies 439 participants last post by  SoCalDuc 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sport Touring Picture Thread

Looks like most of the other Ducati models have their own picture thread and I have a feeling that the ST owners may have a picture or two to share.

Here's a picture I took from my 200 mile ride in the mountains today. The picture was taken in Superior, Arizona. Would really like to see some scenic shots of your ST's out there.

#3 · (Edited)
Great idea, I was thinking of starting a picture thread as well. I was hoping to have some pics of the "Duc a la Bleu" with the new gold Marchesinis, aluminum swingarm, plus the new rear Ohlins but that will have to wait until next year. Anyway, here's a few pics from this past riding season.

Cheers,

Thomas

#4 ·
Bob,

Boy have I ever seen that view more than a few times lately! I'm out in far east Mesa and in my opinion the road up to Superior/Globe is one of the nicest. Add to that it's a great jumping off point for MANY other fantastic roads. This week (possibly Monday but likely Tuesday) I'm going to do the Superior>Oracle>Florence loop I think. If you're off and want to tag along send me a PM. My room mate may go with depending on the day. He's got a new R1200RT.

#6 ·
Here's a few of my 2002 ST4s STealth:

Cascade Lakes Hwy (SW out of Bend, OR)

Lake Tahoe, CA

Hwy 49 in California.

Hwy 120 near Yosemite National Park.

Sonora Pass, N. California.

Geneese Rd. between Talorsville and Janesville, Callifornia.

Crooked Creek Valley, Oregon.

Yosemite National Park

Steven's Pass, Washington.

North Cascades Hwy (20), Washington.

Bridge Creek Road, Eastern Washington.

Hwy 3, B.C. Canada

Hwy 229 along the Siletz river, Oregon.

North Fork of the Siuslaw River, Oregon.

Sudbury Road, Eastern Washington.

Near Santiam Junction, Oregon.

Oregon Hwy 207.

Oregon Hwy 206

Near Condon, Oregon.

Burr Trail, Utah

Good times.

#8 ·
"Johnny", our riding season in southern Arizona begins in October and runs through June. July-September is just too hot to ride here.

"BlueST2", that is one of the nicest looking ST's I've seen.

Bill, beautiful picture, have seen you post other really nice pictures of you and your son as well.

"tomsinaz", wish I could join you guys but there's no way I can get away from work this week. Sent you a PM, hope you can join us this coming Saturday for a ride to Strawberry...all Eurpoean bikes.

Mike, those are some of the most incredible pictures I've seen. The color and clarity are outstanding. What type of camera are you using? Those roads must be a blast on your ST.

#9 ·
TZ250 said:
The color and clarity are outstanding. What type of camera are you using? Those roads must be a blast on your ST.
Thanks Bob. The camera is a Canon S70 (all except for the last picture which is quite blurry in comparison). Besides taking great pictures the S70's color and finish compliments my STealth ST4s very nicely and is a good size to carry in a tank bag or on my belt.

Although I am very happy with the S70's image quality, I did not think the photos came through here well at all because most of them are 1000 pixels wide and when Ducati.ms resized them the jaggies appeared big time (at least on my monitor). I'm wondering if there is a secret setting that prevents the pics from being re-sized or if you are just not as critical as I am?

Here's a photo of the Canon S70:

#10 ·
Bill_Anderson said:
Mike: your trained chipmunk is still taking those great ground level shots.
Yes he is. And if you are very observant on the last photo you may have noticed your hand and water bottle sticking out from behind Steve's arm. It looks like your face was in the picture until Steve decided to give the "hi mom" wave.

#11 ·
Mike said:
I'm wondering if there is a secret setting that prevents the pics from being re-sized or if you are just not as critical as I am?
The latter...those pictures look great as-is to me. I'm sure that the auto-resizing has something to do with what you're seeing and I'm not sure if there's a way around that.

#12 ·
E. Tennessee/W. North Carolina

Took these Sat. 10/28/06 on the Cherohala Skyway. Did a couple hundred miles in Tn. today but too cold to stop for any pics.
Someone needs to teach me how to insert pictures directly into post. At this point it is beyond my computer skills!

Ride safe, Gregg

#13 ·
Mike said:
Yes he is. And if you are very observant on the last photo you may have noticed your hand and water bottle sticking out from behind Steve's arm. It looks like your face was in the picture until Steve decided to give the "hi mom" wave.
That photo is one of my favorite from the first WCM and I have it stored on my home computer. I seem to recall a photo or video of you taken at an earlier stop which for decency's sake has never appeared in public.
Here is a photo your chipmunk took of the two of us with my first Ducati.

Attachments

#17 ·
Mike, thought you went to Pilot Powers. All your pictures are old if so. :D
I just went to Powers too. :D ...and our bikes are twins with the exception of my zeroG windscreen and CRG levers in gold. Oh, and just minor change of pace on the clutch...I'll post pics soon. Nice bike! :)

#22 ·
Even more!

Shots of our bikes, in the garage, in the Columbia river gorge, and on the backside of Mt. Hood.

Don

Attachments

#23 ·
So, a few shots of my own. Here are a couple of shots from 3 years ago at Crater Lake, OR...

Here I am contemplating Hwy-12 (Lolo Pass) that leads from ID to MT...

A shot from the top of the Spiral Highway in Lewiston, ID...

Another oldie taken in Lassen National Park, CA...

One of the many, many forest roads in OR...

In 2004, I entered my ST in a bike show at Ducati North West held at PIR in Portland, OR. I won first place!...

Finally, a shot of my pet bug taken at the top of McKenzie Pass, OR...