Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1861 - 1873 of 1873 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sport Touring Picture Thread

Looks like most of the other Ducati models have their own picture thread and I have a feeling that the ST owners may have a picture or two to share.

Here's a picture I took from my 200 mile ride in the mountains today. The picture was taken in Superior, Arizona. Would really like to see some scenic shots of your ST's out there.

My 2004 ST4S Highway 14 Washington

·
Registered
201 Posts
got out for a ride in the beautiful winter sunshine
an apprentice from my work wanted to come for a ride
he has just got his learners permit
so it was a pretty steady steady pace so he wouldn't get into strife in the twisty bits
also not good for a learner to get busted for exceeding the speed limit
did stop for a "special" photo opp
a good friend and old riding buddy bought himself a new ride after 8 years without

this is the same car park at windy hill, just outside of Ravenshoe 18 years apart
me mate recons we are now older and wiser because of our current bike choices
did make me LOL, older definitely, wiser-----------the jury is still out

this is another lookout between Milla Milla and Ravenshoe
Hopefully me and Mrs BCB will be buying some land in this region in the near future

·
Registered
201 Posts
our summer temps sound similar to yours @Lanesmatb
but winter is much more bearable
In the Milla Milla area the temps are typically cooler than down on the coast
Tableland temps are about 5-6° C cooler in summer and less humidity so thats why we want to buy some land up there
also sick of living in suburbia

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Inspired to do a #TBT sort of post. My ST2 over 10,000 feet up at Wolf Creek Pass UT returning home from WSBK races in May 2008.
Roughly four hours after this photo was taken, I was in 104 degree temps at Arches National Park....

View attachment 989943
There's a Wolf Creek Pass in Colorado but I never knew Utah has a mountain pass by the same name. As for me the closest I ever came to that dramatic a temp change was mid July of '10 riding into Breckenridge, CO, with severe loss of core body temp. Yes, I was cursing myself for leaving my Gerbing's jacket liner behind (a last minute decision) so I added two more layers to the three I already wore. Within roughly 40 minutes afterwards I was somewhere along I70 westbound and had to pull over to remove all but one layer. Was sweating like crazy at that point, too! Love your photo!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Aaargh, good catch - I was sure I passed a sign somewhere and always referred to this spot as such, but cannot now find it myself. I did actually end up in CO later that afternoon (four corners) but this was still very close to SLC. When I left in the morning I rode east and south but now unable to reconstruct my exact route. That's a drag.....:confused:. Questioning my very existence at this point.

Ok, very off topic, but to make up for my error here's a bonus photo of Larry Pegram signing the Ducati girl's butt earlier that same weekend...... a couple of us were chatting with him and convinced him to do it!

1861 - 1873 of 1873 Posts