Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 1873 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Excited here in Australia, lockdown has eased and got to get out for a ride today (y)
could only ride within a 50 klm radius of my home but that gave me a heap of places to go
did my old favorite up the Rex Range to Julatten.
I did go up and down the range twice cos very little traffic around
I think everyone went to the beach
didn't stop to take any pics but did the obligatory one when I got home

hope everyone is keeping sane

·
Registered
201 Posts
Took Mrs BCB out for a squirt today.
Headed up the same route as I did on Saturday, then from Julatten we went up to Mt Molloy and across to Mareeba.
Had a burger at the Mareeba Heritage Coffee House, then returned home the same way we came.
Perfect riding temperature hovering around the 28-29° C (82-83° F)

then there's always that stop you need :ROFLMAO:

all this "normality" gives you a great feeling

I feel blessed to be living in Australia right now, we have only had a total of 97 deaths from covid 19 for the entire country
We are now heading into winter so I hope things don't start to go pear shaped
The region we live in only has 3 active cases
For a lot of you out there, this is something you can only dream of.........

keep safe peeps 💗

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Perfect riding temperature hovering around the 28-29° C (82-83° F)

keep safe peeps 💗
Hmm that would be a little bit higher than my perfect riding temp. Lucky I live in NZ. I am a bit more of a 20 degree guy. Bike still looks bloody mint BCB. We are still unable to ride at this stage unless it is transport to work so there is a little bit of leeway to stretch the boundaries.......

·
Registered
31 Posts
Working on a custom C/F seat to match the "Monsterized" frame rails on this previously crashed 2004 ST3. None of the plastic body parts survived but the frame is straight, so I figured it was time to go all naked bike on it.

I prefer the S/S or SBK tank shapes to the ST tank, but this one came with the bike, so I played with a visual change by throwing some cheap paint at it to see what it might look like, and I like the visual.

I had no idea how hard it would be to match any seat shape to that tank. Having looked at literally hundreds of pictures on line of custom STs, I can see why so many changed tanks. I'll start a project thread one of these days when I get a little further with it.
DSCN5338.JPG

·
Registered
201 Posts
went for a quick ride to warm up the oil so I could do a filter and oil service
stopped on the way back for a pic
This has to be the most iconic view of my favorite road which is only minutes away from my my home
this is the Rex Lookout on the Captain Cook Hwy about halfway between Cairns and Port Douglas
I very rarely stop here as the stretch of road leading up to, and away from , is a beautifully smooth ribbon of bitumen with second/third gear corners

I looked back in my records and found out I've been a very naughty boy
it's been 2 years since I last changed the oil in my bike
but all looked good
no chunks on the screen filter and oil still looked red (Motul 7100 fully synthetic)
looking inside where the screen filter resides and it still looks like new
better keep an eye on things in the future though

1841 - 1860 of 1873 Posts