Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1873 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Nice travel pics

So Fun, nice sunset shots, and the pics of the Rockies - beautiful stuff.
Did you pull the screw out and plug it or ride it out?
Riding conditions from road side snow to triple digits, man you covered the spread. Thanks for sharing.:yeah:

·
Registered
417 Posts
So Fun, nice sunset shots, and the pics of the Rockies - beautiful stuff.

Did you pull the screw out and plug it or ride it out?

Riding conditions from road side snow to triple digits, man you covered the spread. Thanks for sharing.:yeah:

Thank you very much.

Plugged it and rode the rest of the Rockies and trip home on it. Another 2k+ mi. At first it had a slow leak and I would top off the tire in the morning and afternoon, but as the plug bed in it sealed up completely.

2004 Ducati ST4s ABS “Senna”
2002 Yamaha FZ1

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quick ride up the mountain to check out the new bike that I have had disabled in the garage for too long.
Finally pulled my finger out and went for a ride. Dam these are great bikes, I loved my ST2, but the Ohlins on this ST4s are fantastic.
The front brakes are terrible compared to my 998, but I think they need bleeding. Rear brake works which is a plus.
My 998 has an after market Brembo M/cylinder so the comparison is not fair.

Heading up to Queensland in late August to watch the Super Bikes, so I just need to fuel and go on this truck.

Craig
Do you have a Givi rack with the hem panniers. The word is that the Givi rack doesn't fit with hem panniers. One member said you had the Givi rack and hem panniers. Thanks! Matt

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Do you have a Givi rack with the hem panniers. The word is that the Givi rack doesn't fit with hem panniers. One member said you had the Givi rack and hem panniers. Thanks! Matt
Matt, I am pretty sure they all work together, there is only one place to install them all.

Let me know if you want photos.

Craig

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
I just returned from a BMW-centric annual rally in Torrey, UT, and took some pics of my most recent visit. I've posted pics from prior trips to this rally but nothing with a Ducati included in the scenery. Having ridden my BMW RT and K12S to this event I was eager to bring my ST3 to try it out on the incredible roads. The experience was overwhelming on a number of fronts; all MOST positive. I'll be posting lots of pics but for the time being here are a few to whet your appetite.

Taken on the way up to and back from Escalante, UT:

Yours truly.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Taken early last Saturday morning while on a ride to Teasdale, UT. This is an incredible 8-9 mile road with stunning views, curves, and overall ambiance. The road connects to several others with more stunning vistas:

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Wide Open Country

Randy, those are beautiful areas you get to ride thru. Epic stuff.

·
Still needs a life.
12,574 Posts
I have ridden to Torrey for two ST Yahoo Group Madness rallies. One of my all time places to ride. Did you ride the Burr Trail road? Paul Geller and I rode both the paved and unpaved portions through the Capitol Reef National Monument on our first trip there in 2003.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
I have ridden to Torrey for two ST Yahoo Group Madness rallies. One of my all time places to ride. Did you ride the Burr Trail road? Paul Geller and I rode both the paved and unpaved portions through the Capitol Reef National Monument on our first trip there in 2003.
Ride Burr Trail road? Yes, but I/we stopped where the it changes to unpaved. I also spent some time in crevasse a few miles before the trail conversion to gravel:

Where the pavement ends, that's riding buddy Ed standing to the side of his Triumph and Josh in the background aboard his BMW R1100S. He rode in from Oregon. Poor bastard had to ride through snow and sleet to return home Sunday/Monday.

Looking back towards the paved trail road:

The sky was beautiful. That's Mike's (from San Diego) KTM in the background:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Flew down to Philip Island for Moto Gp
It was bloody freezing compared to home but we survived by stacking on the layers.
We had 3 day suite tickets that put us on the pit roof with food and drinks included.
Also had passes to access the paddock which we both loved because walking around you got to see all the familiar faces you normally only see on TV.
We were impressed with the riders willingness to spend time with the fans, signing merch and having photos taken
My personal favourite was Brad Binder who took time to have a chat with me, a very likeable character
Mrs BCB was rapt to meet Mark, who had to show her how to take a selfie
Even though the weather was bloody cold we had a fantastic weekend and are looking forward to next year as we have a holiday planned for South America and have similar tickets for the Argentinian Moto Gp

·
Registered
192 Posts
Two track days and a week at East Coast Meet. Tire all done. What a blast!

If you haven’t considered coming out to Tennessee/North Carolina for ECM, stay tuned to the meetup section for next years iteration.

2004 Ducati ST4s ABS “Senna”
2002 Yamaha FZ1
That tyre still one more track day in it just find a right hand track

1821 - 1840 of 1873 Posts