Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i'm based in Castle Donington in the UK (home to the Donington Park racing circuit).

I'm not currently a Ducati owner but i'm looking to 'get back in the saddle' over the next 12 months after a lengthy break following a bike accident (which means I now commute to work in the relative safety of a VW Passat!).

I'm particularly interested in acquiring a Sport Classic and thought this forum could be extremely useful!. I appreciate they're not the most comfortable bike to ride (although i'm 6'2 which apparently helps...) but as a strictly fair weather rider these days with limited spare time, that doesn't put me off. I've looked at so many bikes, but this one just lights my fire!

I look forward to posting more information here in the near future and sharing notes and advice with other owners. Cheers!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi mate, welcome aboard. I've had my 06 SC1000 since May - and I love it! I've only been riding for 18mos and most of that on a 250 (Yammy SRV250, great bike btw) until very recently. They're affectionately known as the 'torture rack' here because of the aggressive sport position, but everyone will tell you that you'll quickly adapt to it. And that's true for the most part. Mine came with clip-on risers (not fitted), which I had fitted pretty quickly and that made a world of difference for me! Fun bike, and it's distinctive DNA means it always stands out from the clones. Font hesitate, just pull the trigger & do it
Good luck. Mat (NZ)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Matt, I've heard that expression used a few times! I'm hoping it'll help being fairly tall, but the clip-on risers sound like they do the trick!

I've looked at so many different bikes but fell for the SC as soon as I laid eyes on it! Just need to actually find one!! but that's one thing I like about these bikes is they're different from the norm.

My previous bike that I got most of my riding experience with was a Kwak 500 GPZ, but that was written off when a young lady decided to make a right without really looking what was coming! Made a bit of a mess of me too but its never put me off. That was a few years ago now, so looking to get some refresher sessions with a local rider training school first.

Simon.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
comrade moderator
26,794 Posts
Hay, do me a favor? Go pound on Norton's door and ask them when they're gonna pull their fingers out and deliver a bike to dealers?

That'd be great, thanks.

Oh! and welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure I'll give em a shout and tell em to stop drinking tea and get some bloody work done ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, you will find lots of info on the Ducatiforum.co.uk site as well, looking forward to meeting up when your sorted.. Ian..
Thanks Ian, only just read your message. Still not sorted! SC's are very hard to pin down, came close a couple of times but beaten to the sale, but I'll pin one down soon!!
There was a red SC1000 for sale in MCN up in Yorkshire last year but I hadn't got my finances in order quickly enough at the time. I still regret missing out on that one!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum! I consider us lucky that we have one Sport Classic 100 GT in Nepal and having rode it, I have to tell you that I'm kinda glad Ducati stopped producing these bikes. Because this makes it a true classic! And which is why you have to get it! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, welcome to the forum! I consider us lucky that we have one Sport Classic 100 GT in Nepal and having rode it, I have to tell you that I'm kinda glad Ducati stopped producing these bikes. Because this makes it a true classic! And which is why you have to get it! :)
I imagine that's great if you actually own one already! :) I can see your point. If they were still making them they (perhaps) wouldn't be so desirable and selling for silly money. I guess they weren't getting the volume of sales they needed at the time. I suspect if they'd waited until Tron was released it could have been a different outcome, at least for a while. Oh well, my quest will go on... :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way, what are the roads like in Nepal for riding on?

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Welcome to forum, you'll probably have no problem with the ergo's of a sport1000 at you height. If you do there are many solutions as no one leaves it stock, LOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts