Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm new here and just picked up a 1000SE. Very excited. It has the stock pipes on right now and I have been set on getting a full Zard system for it. Just seeing what everyone's thoughts are on the Zard full system for the bike compared to the termi slip-ons. First of all, I was told by Zard it would be at least 3-4 months before they could get me the exhaust. Anyone have any ideas on how to get one sooner?

Thanks,

Tuck

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Finding any kind of zorst for these bikes is a mission, as many suppliers - like Arrow - have stopped making them at all.

Having seen bikes with both systems in the flesh, and read lots about the options, (and as a Termi owner) I'd say the Zards look better made but the Termis have the advantage of coming with the Race ECU, so no setup or fatDuc required.

Once the bike is mapped for Zards, or has the Race ECU with termis, I'd imagine performance and weight saving is similar, so I think the biggest decider for me would be the final cosmetics and what look you are going for. The Zards are more retro-sci-fi looking, and really make a huge statement on the bike, whereas the Termis just slot-on and look more old school, and don't really make any kind of statement or addition to the bike's looks.

To compare, check loads of pics here... Sport Classic story on The Shed

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a set of 2/2 Termi slip ons from my 06 mono I'd be willing to sell. No ECU (you'd had to flash yours) and no airbox. Some scuffs on the side (no dents) so they need to be painted or coated. This would include the headers, gaskets, triangle mount and hardware.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I just recently purchased an 07 1000s and it has the stock pipes still on it. I've been talking with a guy over at deus ex machina about getting the Dennis Foran Conti Replicas if I can't find a pair of Termi's for sale any where used. They sound incredible but they look just like the stock pipes. You don't need the ECU flashed but they are pricey. They also come in chrome and a couple of other designs. I do like the Zard's however.

Here are a few pics he sent me showing the different styles. I know exhaust systems are getting harder to find for these bikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm new here and just picked up a 1000SE. Very excited. It has the stock pipes on right now and I have been set on getting a full Zard system for it. Just seeing what everyone's thoughts are on the Zard full system for the bike compared to the termi slip-ons. First of all, I was told by Zard it would be at least 3-4 months before they could get me the exhaust. Anyone have any ideas on how to get one sooner?

Thanks,

Tuck
Zard sport classic | eBay

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
I got a quote recently from Fresco for €480 for a set of stainless conical cans, and €1100 for a full system. They are definitely still making SC exhaust, albeit on demand so there is at least a 6 week wait.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lukeeye, do you know if those pipes on ebay have the delay or not? Anyone have a personal review of the Zards? I'd love to hear some more thoughts!

Tuck

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts

Thanks,

Tuck
Tuck :

Call my good pal Marco at EuroCorsa Performance in Toronto ...he is the distributor for them in North America (last I checked) and he is # 1 in customer service !

Tell him fratello Stephano sent you !

Ciao
Muzz

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I couldn't wait. I ordered the full racing stainless steel system that Zard makes with removable DB killers from Omnia Racing's eBay account. I emailed them and the said 15-25 days to produce and ship it. Hopefully that's the truth!

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I have the Termi system and want to get the ZARDs. Anyone interested in a trade? I have the airbox lid, filter and DP ECU. Send me a PM

·
Registered
365 Posts
The Zards are more retro-sci-fi looking, and really make a huge statement on the bike...
Dutch, now that you mentioned it. It does have the retro sci-fi look to it, kind of Steampunk-ish.

tucoperk, like Dutch said they do make a huge statement. Since I removed the 'Zard' logos, most folks think that it's a one off custom system.

Here's another picture of a SE with Zards and Fleda tail light.

Welcome to the forum and let the madness begins :)

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,
my bike runs with the Zards. Few days ago I met a SC driver with Termignoni, and I really wondered about the differences at the sound:
Termi: a lot of bass, very deep and dark, not agressive
Zards: like a dragster, really agressive

Zards looks better! Specially my polished ones!

Power and torque are influenced more by intake and ecu-tune, my opinion.
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachm...rough-guide-secret-room-part-2-ps_diagram.jpg
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachm...sport-classic-picture-thread-imag0283-aaa.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
how do the foran's sound?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Black zards on 2006

I picked these up abuot month ago and really like them...I think they fit the bike really well....I removed the decals...they sound great and the price was good @ $950....I have the termi 2-2 as well...enjoy them too, but the ZARDS look more aggressive...termis sound better to me though...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts