Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. Can anyone help me with what emissions code the Sport Classic 1000 conforms to in the USA. Customs require the code for export/import . Alternatively can anyone give me the family number of the DS1000 engine? My bike doesnt have the stickers anymore after it was resprayed. I have been trying to get this information from Ducati Italy and North America for the past 5 months but they are completely hopeless. Any help is greatly appreciated. R

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strega, I can't even get Ducati to give me the information on the Stickers let alone try to issue me new ones.
They are completely unequipped to assist. I have owned many Ducati's and this may unfortunately, may well be my last after this experience. If anyone out there has a Sport Classic bought in the USA please look up the engine family number on the sticker or manual. I may be able to get the info i need from the EPA.

Regards
Rob

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
If there was an emissions sticker it would be under the tank so if that didn't get painted (a competent painter would've masked over it) you should look there:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/120583-california-emissions-sticker.html#post1340199

My bike is non-Calif but I looked under my tank anyway and I didn't see any stickers. I appear to have all of my other stickers on the frame (three total). Emissions canister was removed by the previous owner. I checked my owner's manual and found nothing about "engine family number". The only federal standards sticker I found was for noise on the right rear frame under the seat:

Try contacting your local Ducati dealership as they may have a way of getting the info. You may not necessarily need the "sticker" but maybe just the "paper-work".

... I have owned many Ducati's and this may unfortunately, may well be my last after this experience...
This is a new one :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
The Owners Manual says that the under-tank emission sticker is placed only on Canadian models.

Note the sticker statement “… certifiied to 0.8HC+NOx G/KG engine family exhaust emission standard in California
Canadian or Californian?
Yes, I know Californian but I checked my tank anyway in case someone asked.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I spoke to the parts dept. at my local dealership about this. If the bike is originally a USA bike then the VIN will get it back into the USA. Having the original title will, too. USA bikes meet DOT requirements and the VIN will prove it's a USA bike. The dealership can get the stickers, it's sort of common because bikes get painted and the original stickers get lost so it's no big deal for them.

If it's a non-USA bike then yer outta luck :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts