Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 999 forks on my sport classic 1000 and im now running the 999 triples which are 36mm offset and i would like to go back to stock 25mm.
Does anybody know of tripples that are 53/56 and fit my sport classic from a dealer etc.
Im thinking of offset tripples 27mm for the 999 but woulf prefer the sport classic ones since the dont have the steering damper mount that i would have to get rid of.
Any ideas are good ones

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have a set of 999 forks on my sport classic 1000 and im now running the 999 triples which are 36mm offset and i would like to go back to stock 25mm.
Does anybody know of tripples that are 53/56 and fit my sport classic from a dealer etc.
Im thinking of offset tripples 27mm for the 999 but woulf prefer the sport classic ones since the dont have the steering damper mount that i would have to get rid of.
Any ideas are good ones
I hear that the WASP is working on a larger diameter top triple (for Superbike fork fitment) with SC geometry very soon.
And will also be offering the TMSD kit to suit....;)

Anonymous:D

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Any ideas are good ones

Speedy Moto? They make triples for the Monster and the 999 so maybe they can help you out.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
+1 - their website specifically states they can make them for Superbike forks:

http://www.speedymoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=MTC

They have a couple of different options as far as handlebars go as well.

Good luck!

Yep.

Note that if using Speedy Moto's Monster triples on a Sport 1000, you will need to fabricate a bracket to hold your Sport 1000 instruments. If you use the Monster upper triple that is drilled and tapped for regular handlebars & top caps, you'll have 4 extra holes available to bolt your bracket onto. You will not, however, be able to use your stock Sport 1000 fork lock --- no biggie.

The Speedy Moto Monster triples will extend the forks on the Sport somewhat ( looks like @ 1/2"), which I found to my liking as it makes the bike more stable (along with tapered bearings, apparently) without having to resort to a steering damper.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I hear that the WASP is working on a larger diameter top triple (for Superbike fork fitment) with SC geometry very soon.

Hmmm... I seem to remember someone telling me that there were no plans to build a 53mm fork leg clamp for their steering damper kits. Shame too, because I was forced to buy one from Ohlins. :p

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Note that if using Speedy Moto's Monster triples on a Sport 1000, you will need to fabricate a bracket to hold your Sport 1000 instruments. If you use the Monster upper triple that is drilled and tapped for regular handlebars & top caps, you'll have 4 extra holes available to bolt your bracket onto. You will not, however, be able to use your stock Sport 1000 fork lock --- no biggie.
Speedymoto used to list the bottom triples, allowing you to use your stock upper - but that's no longer on their website. I think Motowheels might still offer this, which would allow you to keep the stock upper, thus solving your instruments issue.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Speedymoto used to list the bottom triples, allowing you to use your stock upper - but that's no longer on their website. I think Motowheels might still offer this, which would allow you to keep the stock upper, thus solving your instruments issue.
This is of no use to anyone.
It's the upper that needs to be replaced (larger diameter bore for SB forks) and if kept at the same geometry you can still use the standard lower triple.
My replacement top triple will have standard mount for guages, + standard steering lock hole, + option bolt on TMSD rod end mount.

Greg.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whats the original measurements on the stock forks top and bottom, maby i can mill them out?

It seems to be about 900€ to buy both and it its that expensive ill go for the ncr anes that are 1225€.

I think i would be a big diffrense going back to 25mm offset från 36mm that i have now.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Whats the original measurements on the stock forks top and bottom, maby i can mill them out?

It seems to be about 900€ to buy both and it its that expensive ill go for the ncr anes that are 1225€.

I think i would be a big diffrense going back to 25mm offset från 36mm that i have now.
Yes you can mill / machine / fix it: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showpost.php?p=396920&postcount=8 <<< Mr. Robsy's very tasteful bike has 999 suspension in a modified front-end.

·
Registered
258 Posts

I hope your source is correct. Count me in, your TMSD has stopped the wobbles on the goat tracks around here and now my average point to point speeds have increased by a significant amount. So now I notice that the stock forks/wheels/tyres seem to make the bike have a mind of its own when it comes to setting up a line to ride, even in the most insignificant grooves in the straights. Fork replacement was going to be my next thing to increase the confidence level in the handling and therefore make me able to ride at faster (legal) speeds. This kit will undoubtably make the choice of forks easier

·
Registered
40 Posts
@lechef
As I like the look of the top triple the only solution was to mill it out. The advantage, apart from the optic aspect, is that you can still use the frame for the light and the instrument.
The lower triple was fabricated by Performanceparts near Cologne. They cost about 350 €. Enclosed two pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
This is of no use to anyone.
It's the upper that needs to be replaced (larger diameter bore for SB forks)
Greg -

As Robsy noted, you could machine the top to accommodate the Superbike forks, and retain the mounts for the instruments. Not the best solution, but it's the bottoms that add the stiffness. Add some tapered roller bearings and you will address your handling issues and keep the convenience of the top triple.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Robsy: Got a quote on 598€ for the bottom with stem if i get it for 350 ill but one yesterday!

The top i know you can mill out but what about the bottom one is there material to mill out or will it be to thin?

The öhlins is 56mm bottom and stadard is 53 i think.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have a brand new Ohlins forks from a M1100S with 54/50 mm and I want to swap it for a 56/53 mm ... I have the NCR triple clamps.

Robsy: Got a quote on 598€ for the bottom with stem if i get it for 350 ill but one yesterday!

The top i know you can mill out but what about the bottom one is there material to mill out or will it be to thin?

The öhlins is 56mm bottom and stadard is 53 i think.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts