Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for performance pulleys for a DS1000 motor on a 2007 Ducati Sport Classic 1000?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sorry I don't know what happened with emails, I do have lightened flywheels, they are 149.00 for 2 valve and 165.00 for 4v bikes.
They are stock flywheels that I Machine down, they usually weigh 1.12oz.
when finished. The good thing about using the stock is that you still have steel splines that last forever.

Frank
[email protected]

Contacted you numerous times via email to no avail... I also was trying to get information on the lightened flywheel...???

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the reply, much appreciated... My only concern is apparently bike won't run smoothly after installing a lightened flywheel. It is rumored they are only advantageous at higher speeds but not so good for stop & go, city driving...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

Sorry I don't know what happened with emails, I do have lightened flywheels, they are 149.00 for 2 valve and 165.00 for 4v bikes.

They are stock flywheels that I Machine down, they usually weigh 1.12oz.

when finished. The good thing about using the stock is that you still have steel splines that last forever.

Frank

[email protected]

·
Registered
451 Posts
The main advantage is acceleration and it also helps the bike to flick from side to side with less effort due to less rotating mass.

I agree that its not so good for daily stop and go traffic ridding, the heavier flywheel is best for that.

Frank

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated... My only concern is apparently bike won't run smoothly after installing a lightened flywheel. It is rumored they are only advantageous at higher speeds but not so good for stop & go, city driving...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any other possible recommendations? I've lightened the pulleys...

The main advantage is acceleration and it also helps the bike to flick from side to side with less effort due to less rotating mass.

I agree that its not so good for daily stop and go traffic ridding, the heavier flywheel is best for that.

Frank

·
Registered
451 Posts
That just depends on what you want to accomplish here, if you're looking for real world performance and still be very streetable then I would go big! as in a 1080cc 98mm bigbore kit, that will get you the most gain without without any sacrifice, The Pistal Pistons I sell come rated at 12.5.1 but have a very thick dome so can be milled down to the compression ratio of choice. I usually recommend 11.5 for street bikes.

FF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts