Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, before you point me to multiple threads (I have read them all), i need to know if anyone has done the conversion. I have an extra tank and seat from and SC and I have a good deal on a GT. What I understand is that the rear frame of the GT does not have dimples, which might pose a problem when fitting the SC coil. If anyone has done the conversion with a work around please to post some pictures.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I assume you're referring to the 1000s seat???

I'm not sure which dimples you are talking about, but if you're asking if it'll be a direct fit, it will not. The gt seat goes higher up on tank, and has a gap to fit it. The tank is also slightly shorter I believe. You could modify a sport seat to fit the tank, though it would require some work.

If you are not one of those who just love the shape if the gt tank ( like myself) I'd save myself the hassle and get the 1000s directly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume you're referring to the 1000s seat???

I'm not sure which dimples you are talking about, but if you're asking if it'll be a direct fit, it will not. The gt seat goes higher up on tank, and has a gap to fit it. The tank is also slightly shorter I believe. You could modify a sport seat to fit the tank, though it would require some work.

If you are not one of those who just love the shape if the gt tank ( like myself) I'd save myself the hassle and get the 1000s directly.
I am talking about the frame dimples in the rear of the SC, as mentioned in my post I have both the SC Tank and seat, so i am not worried about the gap just the Sc seat fit.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I think the dimples are only present on mono-shock Sport 1000 bikes. Some owners won't use a Diopa seat because the dimples would show with the mono. Don't know what purpose they serve, if any, but if you have a Sport tank and seat you may be able to just slip them on the GT. IMO

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the dimples are only present on mono-shock Sport 1000 bikes. Some owners won't use a Diopa seat because the dimples would show with the mono. Don't know what purpose they serve, if any, but if you have a Sport tank and seat you may be able to just slip them on the GT. IMO
Based on the feedback I got, the dimple clears the bolts under the seat Cowl, he tried to slip the SC onto the GT and the feedback was it would not lodge into the release mechanism.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Based on the feedback I got, the dimple clears the bolts under the seat Cowl, he tried to slip the SC onto the GT and the feedback was it would not lodge into the release mechanism.
One of the posts was saying that you need to work on a pin a little to make it lodge into the mechanism

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the posts was saying that you need to work on a pin a little to make it lodge into the mechanism

Let me rephrase the pin is positioned correctly, is the excess frame on the side of the GT where the dimples are positioned on the SC that eases the mounting of the cowl.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Hmmm...I've got nothing. If the seat looks right on the frame then you could get some spacers made to jack up the lock, no? If not, there's a thread where you can get a SC aftermarket seat cowl that fits the GT seat.

Just a thought,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I'm planning on putting a SC tank, seat and cowl on my GT1000. I already have the cowl and seat so hopefully it'll work haha

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you ever figure this out? I'm planning on putting a SC tank, seat and cowl on my GT1000. I already have the cowl and seat so hopefully it'll work haha
Note yet will be going to Denmark next week to check it out, the tank will not arrive prior to the 6th, will keep you posted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts