Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
"This is an opportunity to own what is possibly the BEST SPORT CLASSIC SE in existence. "
Obviously not a member of this forum :rolleyes:

6,048 Posts
Thats what I thought you meant. This must have been put on display and n9t ridden
Amazing price too for a 2006 with a paint job and $5 aluminum plaque

FYI
I can still get the factory painted Tank, seat cover and front fender
:wink2:
Actually, I'm a Lifetime Premium Member just like you. Do you know of a cleaner, more original, lower mileage SE? That is clearly what i meant by "best".

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually owned #35 also, which I rode. Just a paint job and a plaque or not, it's still a numbered Ducati. I think they will keep climbing in value.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Thats what I thought you meant. This must have been put on display and n9t ridden
Amazing price too for a 2006 with a paint job and $5 aluminum plaque

FYI
I can still get the factory painted Tank, seat cover and front fender
:wink2:
And any trophy shop can whip up a plaque.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Actually, I'm a Lifetime Premium Member just like you. Do you know of a cleaner, more original, lower mileage SE? That is clearly what i meant by "best".
Clearly we define "best" differently.

Congrats on the sale, fantastic price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
holy. ok this is getting nuts. it maybe time to sell $28,000 canadian is too rich for me to be riding around on.

Reactions: Kaeae

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
#4 has miles and is not in that nice of condition...
Absolutely nothing wrong with that, clearly it was used as intended: A motorcycle to be ridden instead of a 3D poster to be stared at.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I always wondered if you lost the Plaque. Would Ducati send you another one with proper VIN verification?
That was good for laugh. I don't think all bikes got the plaque. Certainly there have been threads in the past where the new owner of a used SE have unsuccessfully tried to get the plaque from Ducati.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The SE models (paint scheme) all got the plaque. There were replacements available from Ducati NA at one time. The glue on the plaque doesn't exactly last forever and I know a few people were able to get replacements for ones that were lost. As far as I know, the plaque is the only way to say what "number" the bike is. Not like the S4RS monster that had the hard plate.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I kinda wished and hoped it would go for more? Am I insane? This would be as low milage as you are likely to find, on the most limited edition of all Sports Classics?

As for all the "it's just a plaque"...well shit the ENTIRE BIKE is more or less "just a 90s' supersport with a bodykit and heavy ass crap wheels and shit suspensions"

Looks cool and fun to ride. But 22K for this bike....means that my well used non limited edition is not worth much. WOOOHOOO MODS HERE I COME

6,048 Posts
I heard the 000/100 just went for $48K
so it is more than just the little black and gold dress that makes her desirable!

Stay tuned here...
I have two SE's in my shop and they are both getting bee-u-ti-fied!
Very tasty upgrades and sexy lingerie are on the program.
Some mild some wild but not taking away from the core beauty and personality of the SE

AND
ALWAYS REMEMBER: THEY ONLY MADE 100. I KNOW OF THREE THAT WERE TOTALED AND ARE NO MORE.

I kinda wished and hoped it would go for more? Am I insane? This would be as low milage as you are likely to find, on the most limited edition of all Sports Classics?

As for all the "it's just a plaque"...well shit the ENTIRE BIKE is more or less "just a 90s' supersport with a bodykit and heavy ass crap wheels and shit suspensions"

Looks cool and fun to ride. But 22K for this bike....means that my well used non limited edition is not worth much. WOOOHOOO MODS HERE I COME

1 - 20 of 20 Posts