Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Totally new here. I'm working on a Monster conversion to dirt. I know, laugh, laugh. Anyway, I've found out that I can use a Sport Classic rear hub to lace up a spoked rim and I'm having a really hard time finding a rear hub.

I'm wondering if you guys know where I can find just the hub? I called a shop and they said they had to order the whole wheel. Screw that, I'm only using the hub, and that ain't worth anywhere near $1200. I'd even buy a used one off of one of you guys doing a conversion. Any aftermarket hubs out there for spoked wheels too would help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mooner! I think I came across that one a couple days ago, though it may be another. Not too many guys just selling the hubs though, huh? I just feel like if I'm going used, I might be able to find just a hub for a bit cheaper than that. Am I nuts? Know if Talon or the like make after market hubs same width and axle diameter? Or if anyone sells new OEM hubs? I'd be willing to pay a bit more for a new one.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
You might try contacting these guys:

www.radmfg.com

They deal with motard conversions, etc. I would think if you can get the axle size and sprocket alignment figured out, you could correct for any slight rim alignment issues by lacing/truing the wheel to center things up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your link appears to be broken VV. I'm hoping it'll come out something like this:

Mine is a silver framed 620 though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just copied and pasted your link in a new window and saw the bike you were referring to. Pretty cool! But as you can see from my picture, I'm RREEEAALLY going dirty on this. haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts