·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is one.
Year:2004/2006/2014
Model: Sport Classic Custom
Eng size: 2006 Sport Classic DS1000 bored to 1100CC
Pipes: Front Header and upper mid-pipe are from a EVO 1200 Monster. The lower mid-pipe and rear header are custom made by Stradafab. The can is a Spark.
Seat:Stock seat covered with synthetic suede from Luimoto
Wheels: Kineo for Monster S4R on rear, and for Sport Classic on front. Finished in Silver with titanium gray hubs and nipples.
Accessories: Bazzaz tuner, fully adjustable custom Penske rear shock (1" shorter than stock S4R), custom Titanium frame fabricated and modified by Stradafab to accommodate S4R swingarm, Ducabike rearsets, Ducabike slipper clutch, carbon fiber front fender and other bits, motor fitted with big bore kit, lightened crank and several other lightened internals, ported heads with larger valves, Stock fork tubes anodized black with Andreani internals, S4R brakes powder coated silver, aluminum tank with fuel pump sump shortened 2" to clear shock, Watsen LED blinkers, fender eliminator, Dunlop Q3 rubber.

And the story: I had been wanting to do a single sided swingarm Sport Classic for a while, so I finally bought one to modify in early 2013. After considering all of the modifications I would be doing, I determined that I would not be utilizing enough of the original parts to justify molesting a perfectly good stock bike. So I sold it. I started ordering parts and placed an order with Randy at Stradafab for the frame in mid 2013. It took a little over a year to finalize the design, gather the parts, and get it put together. I could not be happier with the finished product. I think it looks pretty cool, but the way it rides, handles, and accelerates is a huge improvement over the stock SC. I am having fun with it for sure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Beautfiul! Well done! What oil cooler is it and does it keep it cooler than the paltry OEM? Did you paint/ coat the engine case? The alternator cover sure is sparkly! As if chromed (no way)!

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautfiul! Well done! What oil cooler is it and does it keep it cooler than the paltry OEM? Did you paint/ coat the engine case? The alternator cover sure is sparkly! As if chromed (no way)!
Thanks man. The cooler is NCR. It has a larger capacity than the stock one, and seems to cool well. The engine cases are powder coated in a color called "Almost Chrome". The covers are polished and powder coated in clear.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Very impressive build.
Like the choice of tubeless spoked wheels, no Orings to ever worry about. I'm guessing stainless spokes as well ?

As I look at the growing pile of take-offs for my GT, I'm wondering if I should've done a build from scratch.
A custom built Scrambler for tall people would be interesting. It would need a different frame....

·
Registered
89 Posts
I love how at 1st glance u think its a regular Sc then u start noticing the swingarm n if u see in person your like oh shit a Ti frame n if u knock on the tank oh shit a metal tank.

Plus points on inverting the colors of the engine with the cam/crankcase(alternator?) covers too.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great looking bike. I had the pleasure of meeting Randy at MotoGP in Austin in the Ducati hospitality tent.
Yep, Randy is golden. We have since become good friends. We attended 2015 MotoGP together and hung out for a good part of the weekend. My wife and I also met him and his wife in Eureka Springs AR in September for some fun riding through the Arkansas National Forest. We had a much longer day of riding than expected due to diversions driven by road maintenance, but we had a blast. We then were invited to stay with Randy and his wife for a few days at their home in Galena KS. We had a great time hanging out in his shop watching his magic, eating great food, and drinking good wine.

We are planning another get together for New Year's at my home in Houston. We will also be at the 2016 MotoGP. Hope to see you in the tent! Weather permitting, I will be bringing the bike to Austin for the hand built bike show.
Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts