Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

What kind of filler style do you want on the SC AL tank?

• Stock style

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Strap mount style

Votes: 6 17.6%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please make your choice about what kind of filler style you would like:

Choices are: Strap mount or stock-style. If others can name other possibilities, we can add them.

Go to it!

·
Registered
635 Posts
By strap style do you mean off set so the Tank can be mounted by strap down the center like old school tanks?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I was thinking he might mean this. But i'm starting to think I like the stock one for our set up.

edit: there is a strap down the middle you can just sorta see over the top of the tank to hold it on and the filler cap is off set with a flip top type lid.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I was thinking he might mean this. But i'm starting to think I like the stock one for our set up.

edit: there is a strap down the middle you can just sorta see over the top of the tank to hold it on and the filler cap is off set with a flip top type lid.
I like that one, as long as it is still lockable.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bruce, can you clarify what strap mounted means for us dumbasses?

·
Registered
702 Posts
I want mine to look exactly the same (he says for emphasis) as the stock, except it won't bubble or warp. I want to be able to fit my super-duper fuel cap set-up.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
What about a "Monza" style flip-top? There are readily available still, and retain the "classic" look. I think they are also available in a locking style for those that want that option.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bruce, can you clarify what strap mounted means for us dumbasses?
No Dumas's here, monsieur...

Early style race tanks were mounted with a leather or aluminum strap running down a shallow groove in the top of the tank. We could provide for the same style and an aluminum strap so that the tank could be secured from theft and buyers could replace it with a leather one if they like that style better. Or we could just use the factory style mounts.

The mount has nothing to do with the filler style except for placement. With a strap running down the middle, the filler gets shifted to one side. As far as the filler is concerned, an early style Monza type makes the most sense, with a separate vent. Trying to put the recess for the stock filler into the tank will probably require another set of weldments.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No Dumas's here, monsieur...

Early style race tanks were mounted with a leather or aluminum strap running down a shallow groove in the top of the tank. We could provide for the same style and an aluminum strap so that the tank could be secured from theft and buyers could replace it with a leather one if they like that style better. Or we could just use the factory style mounts.

The mount has nothing to do with the filler style except for placement. With a strap running down the middle, the filler gets shifter to one side. As far as the filler is concerned, an early style Monza type makes the most sense, with a separate vent. Trying to put the recess for the stock filler into the tank will probably require another set of weldments.
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'd like the strap looks, with the eccentric filler.
Plus, it's practical to fill up while on the stand.
Filler cap could be either Monza-style or flush (aviation).

vitalc

·
Registered
41 Posts
+1 on the strap mount style filler, though I don't think it's going to happen :(

·
Registered
483 Posts
If it's a stock mount then there's lots of room for either buying an existing aftermarket cap like this.. or making something custom that would look more retro.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts