Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok thinking of picking up an 06 sport classic. does it hold the same value or mildly depreciate? Any thing to look out for? Besides the tank. Right now I'm on a 1098sf and am thinking of something different, but keeping the sf because I'm a hooligan on the inside. I guess it would be once a month bike and the sf would be my daily commuter. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Prices appear to be going down. Alot of people have been trying to cash in and it seems to have saturted the market.

Tank, oil cooler, and RR are the big three problems with the bike.

Its certainly diffrent and a great bike. but If I knew what I knew know, I'd have waited 6 more months and paid alot less.

·
Registered
175 Posts
They are wonderful bikes and theres something special when opening up the throttle and leaning forward with the low clip ons, as well as being somewhat uncomfortable. They have raw appeal you don't often find.

Wouldn't change mine but I did spend plenty of $$$$ getting it to feel And ride beautifully.

Once a month bike it's absolutely perfect

Bonus if you can pick up one with :
- forged alloy wheels
- front and rear suspension upgrades
- steering damper
- bling that isn't necessary but looks great

If you buy stock , having the 1098 , you may want the upgrades I mentioned if you wish to do spirited riding or track days on the sport 1000. For Sunday cruising they are fine stock- I guess you have the 1098 for aggressive stuff though.

In Australia they are still expensive and hold their value very well - $19k stock... Understand in USA they are way cheaper.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Garcia has the right of it.
I had one and it was an awesome bike.
A major money pit though to get it right from stock.

Unless you have a long country backroad commute I'd use the two valver for round town and keep the SF for the highspeed out of town blasts.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Tank, rectifier, & suspension have been resolved/updated on my '06. I like the look of the stock Excel wire wheels, but I'd prefer lighter, tubeless, Marchesini forged wheels. I don't prefer the lethargic feel of the stockers.

My Sport 1000 is my preferred around-town, short ride bike. My SF848 & M900Sie do everything else...

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm going to keep my eye out and not jump just any one. I took me 7mos to find an sf. For some reason the colder it gets the cheeper bikes get.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got mine brand new 2009 SC1000 biposto 12.5k$ It's true the suspension could use an upgrade and i did have problems with my oil cooler ,but warranty came good for repairs . The looks and comments from onlookers is well worth the money and upgrades are so much fun .Ride safe my freind!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts