Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok since everyone has been helpful to me and just because I thought it would be cool I am going to start a post to document my SC1000s project.

I will be including lots and lots of pictures (That seems to make forum people happy bunnies!) and descriptions of successes and problems I encounter, hopefully helping other people in my situation, or just giving those of you who have already done it a good laugh at my expense! OK here's the story so far:

• I've put a deposit down on a SC1000s which I will be picking up on Tuesday.
  • I've ordered a pair of Termignoni race cans (black with removable baffles) from Twinshack (thanks forum people & Brett for a great deal!)
  • I've bought a pair of Duc 749s Marchesini wheels from she-bay
  • Tail tidy bought and on it's way over from the states already http://www.palatov.com/products/motorcycle.html
  • Pazzo levers bought and on there way (black with silver adjusters)
  • Ohlins Sport Classic forks ordered from a wonderful SC forum member from Oz
The following parts are still to be ordered/machined

• Set of spacers for the 749 wheels
  • new speedo sensor
  • new rear sprocket carrier
  • Brake upgrade to be sorted once I recieve the wheels (brembo rear caliper with upside down mounting bracket) and 4 pot 4 pad Brembo front calipers
  • Possibly new discs if needed (not sure if SC discs will work on new wheels
  • Considering the WASP power up kit
There is a picture of my new partner attached, in standard unchanged condition as it is now. As I always name bikes using the registration plate last 3 letters (last bieks being WKD - Wicked, GLF - Girlfriend) and this one is HLL I think considering the colour and the bark it's going to make with the Termi's i'm going with.... Hellboy

I will post new pictures/details after I get the bike and give her a good scrubbing and then will keep updated with pics as the project takes place and parts are changed. Hopefully it will finish being a good step by step thread of the project.... comments of advice, as always, appreciated!

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Credit where it's due

Hey PJ glad to see the links worked but Brett is at Pro Twins not Twinshack, not wishing to nit pick but credit where it's due.

When she's up and running we'll have to have a meet at Bury Hill nr Arundel half way for me half way for you and a great biker spot on the glorius A29 or if you're up for it, a meet a Box Hill at Rykers then the ride to Bury Hill.

Good Luck
Regards Nick :D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Jesus - you sound like a man on a mission.

I look forward to checking each update...

Lerv the look of the cars on that website.

Enjoy.

Greg.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
As I always name bikes using the registration plate last 3 letters (last bieks being WKD - Wicked, GLF - Girlfriend) and this one is HLL I think considering the colour and the bark it's going to make with the Termi's i'm going with.... Hellboy

Paul
HLL = Home of Lifelong Learning:D

·
Registered
150 Posts
....As I always name bikes using the registration plate last 3 letters (last bieks being WKD - Wicked, GLF - Girlfriend) and this one is HLL I think considering the colour and the bark it's going to make with the Termi's i'm going with.... Hellboy

always, appreciated!

Paul
You have to be careful with those registration letters, Paul. My last bike in England had the letters "OOD" (Devon registration). I always maintained that the first "O" should have been a "G", until a girlfriend responded that it should have been an "S"! :eek:

BTW, nice SC! It looks like you are going to have a great time riding and modding. :)

Bolder

·
Registered
300 Posts
Speedo....

How do you plan on getting the speedo right.

The sc has 5 bolts compared to the 6 bolt on the 749/999.

I have the same problem.

Speedo healer seams to be the right thing for us.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Speedo Healer - V4.0 with SH-U01 harness for Ducati 3 wire speedos.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

Hi, sorry for the wrong info, it was indeed Pro Twins and not Twinshack, long week!

Thanks for all the posts, going to get the bike Tuesday (Weather allowing!) and will no doubt clean, polish and photo for the 'baseline' photos. Will update those this week.

Hopefully the 749s wheels should arrive this week (one silver one black) and be re-sprayed (Black, Silver, light Gold).... appreciate your thoughts or comments on the colour options....

Levers should be hear this week, then next week should be Forks, tail tidy, cans and wheel fitting... Will be done by the end of June... ahem ahem

I do intend to use a speedo heeler yes. I'm also assuming I need new 749/999 discs, calipers (front) and caliper mounts (rear)...?

Will Keep everyone posted

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 'Baseline'!

Ok so drove down to Kent to fetch the bike yesterday, 3 hour ride back in the wet, shared by me and the Lady.... not not not fun.... Got back 11pm shattered but happy!

Here are the baseline pics, where it all began!

Also I have discovered my first problem - The Marchesini wheels from the 749s!!
I have new 749 5 bolt discs to match the wheels but they appear to have a 15mm offset not a 10mm offset. This will push them further away from the wheel and therefore will not fit into the calliper. First thought was spacers but the callipers are mounted on the wheel side of the forks and thus spacers are not an option (pic attached). Anybody have any ideas? I was thinking maybe the 749/999 callipers may be 5mm close to the forks? I have seen some pics on teh forums of people with 999/749 Marchesini wheels and therefore they should be a way to get the calipers to fit the discs. I intend to buy new calipers anyway but not sure which one's will match my offset.

I do love a good problem! I feel this may be the first of many!

Tonight is cleaning night, Hellboy will be spotless and I will take pics of the new parts that have arrived (Discs, Sprocket, Levers, rear caliper bracket)

updates soon...

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi,
it looks like you're on a good stuff now...
I got a GT 1OOO called Zoe Valdes ZV last plate letters...
I'm on some mods too...
I was wondering what will happen to you're aluminium stock wheels once the 749's ones'll be fitted, I would be pleased to make some space in you're garage...
I would stay black for you're new ones or may be red, there's a pic somewhere in some threads of a SC1OOOS red whith red wheels :yeah::yeah:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Merci

Salut
Merci pour le message. On a en effet bien hate de passer aux choses sérieuses et de mettre les mains dans le cambouis! :)
Merci pour l'offre, mais a priori on va garder les pieces d'origine.
Pas trop surs encore pour la couleur des roues.. En noir ca donne effectivement bien, mais en blanc c'est pas mal du tout non plus.. Rouge je crains que ca fasse un peu trop. A voir!
Good luck to you for your mods! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts