Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone out there would be able to shed some light as to why my engine light comes on randomly?
I usually run my 07' Sport Classic 1000 quite hot. Lately I've noticed the throttle response is choppy, and the bike chugs from time to time. When chuggin' along the engine light comes on & off intermittently.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
When I first installed a FatDuc O2 in my '09 Sport 1K. The engine light would come on @ low RPM and would clear (light out) @ higher 4K+ RPM. The FatDuc was set too rich. Trimmed down, no more light.

She ain't a Harley, no more chugging!

What engine/exhaust mods have you done? Stock ECU? Last service? (throttle body sync, TPS reset)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I first installed a FatDuc O2 in my '09 Sport 1K. The engine light would come on @ low RPM and would clear (light out) @ higher 4K+ RPM. The FatDuc was set too rich. Trimmed down, no more light.

She ain't a Harley, no more chugging!

What engine/exhaust mods have you done? Stock ECU? Last service? (throttle body sync, TPS reset)
Engine mod's MWR Air Filter, Termignoni Exhaust with Performance ECU, NCR Air Cooler. Last service was at 10,000K I'm now at 17,000K... Spoke with a few buddies at Ducati Dealerships and they said it might be the TPS...we'll find out today!
Stay tuned for further developments...thanks for the insight, greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Check battery terminals???

Wondering if anyone out there would be able to shed some light as to why my engine light comes on randomly?
I usually run my 07' Sport Classic 1000 quite hot. Lately I've noticed the throttle response is choppy, and the bike chugs from time to time. When chuggin' along the engine light comes on & off intermittently.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Mate, this happened to me when I first bought my bike. Turns out the original owner had just removed his battery charger and left the terminals to the battery loose. The engine light came on intermitantly when there connection was bad enough. Hope this helps and its an easy fix. Paddy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mate, this happened to me when I first bought my bike. Turns out the original owner had just removed his battery charger and left the terminals to the battery loose. The engine light came on intermitantly when there connection was bad enough. Hope this helps and its an easy fix. Paddy.
Paddy, I wish it was so simple... I checked that hoping it was the case but it's apparently not! It's actually an Atmospheric Pressure Sensor which needs to be changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.