Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have searched tirelessly, and really come up with nothing.
Maybe just looking in all the wrong places.

I just want to know, has anyone fitted different headers to their sport classic, that has come off another model Ducati?
WITHOUT MUCH REMODELLING OR RE-FABRICATION NEEDED!!
Obviously the headers would have needed to come off another DS engine.

Yes I saw the thread on GT that has different headers, but I do not really want to have to modify the headers or cans.
I am happy to make different muffler hangers, change the foot peg brackets, or even modify the battery box etc.

EG: Maybe off a 1000ss or a 1000 DS Monster etc..

Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Headers

I probably should have asked this way.

Does anybody know if a pair of Monster 1000ie (DS), or 1000 SS exhaust headers will fit on a Sport Classic Bi Posto without to many headaches?

Thanks all

·
Registered
859 Posts
I can't imagine any headers from other models being closer the biposto headers than the GT headers. Perhaps if explain what you are trying to do, someone can chime in with a suggestion.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What Ducati headers will fit a sport classic biposto?

In essence, I found this complete exhaust system kicking around in an unlabelled box. Mine for the taking if I choose.
A brand new termi Spaghetti system, with all the fitting fixtures etc, as in the photos.

I am pretty sure that the mufflers will not fit, but as I have done a few mods to my engine, and currently getting 99.7hp at the tyre on the dyno, I thought the headers could be a lovely finishing touch.

As there are no part numbers on the system or the packaging, and there were only a couple of Dual Spark models they were made for. I was told it was for a monster. So that is why I asked the question

Hope all this makes sense, and any comments would be greatly appreciated
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
In essence, I found this complete exhaust system kicking around in an unlabelled box. Mine for the taking if I choose.
A brand new termi Spaghetti system, with all the fitting fixtures etc, as in the photos.

I am pretty sure that the mufflers will not fit, but as I have done a few mods to my engine, and currently getting 99.7hp at the tyre on the dyno, I thought the headers could be a lovely finishing touch.

As there are no part numbers on the system or the packaging, and there were only a couple of Dual Spark models they were made for. I was told it was for a monster. So that is why I asked the question

Hope all this makes sense, and any comments would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
It may not be exactly the same, but 'Ol Dietrichpfeifer once mounted up a very similar system: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/99839-making-pasta-kid-s-college-new-header-intake.html
As you say, this system was only made for a few bikes. If it's DS-based it should fit the engine, but I doubt you'd be able to plug and play.

And you're almost surely going to have to re-tune after a change like this. If you're already getting 99.7 HP then it's a crap shoot what such a different exhaust will do to that. It does sound like you've got a pretty good tuner, though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts