Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me start by saying I do not work for samsung.

But thought this would be a cool gadget for everyone. My buddy just purchased 1 for this trackdays, and I'm thinking of doing the same as well. It's really small, and has anti-shake features and a remote camera.

I'll try to post some videos as soon as I hit the track.
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Camcorder/DigitalMemory/SC_X210LXAA.asp

·
Registered
835 Posts
so, you put it in your jacket/pocket and where do u place that other thing? how much$$$$$$?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Have one of these cams. Had its predessor as well.

The advantages are its great form factor... put the sportcam in your pocket and attach the bulletcam to the bike or helmet, and its simplicity. These are key plusses compared to onboard alternatives.

Downsides include storage limits (battery and media), so-so video quality, no lens or filters, no usable audio (mic is on the bulletcam and typically out in the wind), and uncertain file format compatability. The latter was a real problem with its predessor, and the new MP4 format this cam uses does not work with all editing programs, but works with enough to not be too much of a problem.

Do a search on the web, and one will find all the available prices.

A sample from this cam... a winter ride down a lonely high country road... http://www.farson.com/video/gstarry.wmv

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
ducati955 said:
so, you put it in your jacket/pocket and where do u place that other thing? how much$$$$$$?
$569.99 + shipping at BestBuy.com, which is $30 off MSRP.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
forget Bestbuy, have some patience... and order

from Amazon. really reliable, and less than $500 w/free shipping. I'm just waiting

·
Registered
749 Posts
migz123 said:
That video is one of my favorites... didn't realize you filmed it with the Samsung. The quality is very good.
Migz... Nice avatar. I think I saw this image in your track day recording post?

This gstarry vid was filmed with the older Samsung. I typically only used this cam when I was too lazy to connect all the helmetcam gear, set it all up, and then deal with all the cabling. On this cold winter day I made a quick decision to record the road. But, the helmetcam option you have, when set-up properly, does offer a higher quality recording.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
sfarson - yes, it's the same pic as on the trackday post.

Perhaps one of these days we'll have a way to record some good quality vids and sound without all the miserable hassle of wiring. (But whenever that becomes possible we are certain to have something new to complain about! :D )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts