Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Update...

Any updates?
Yes... Although I am very busy... working my real day job- then in the evenings setting up the website, preparing for the upcoming photo session, handling back and fourth finalizing of details, and trying to handle all requests- it's happening now. I have three paid invoices. I need 6 more orders for fairing sets and we are green light on the group buy. I set up an info site on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/sportclassicfairings

Oh, and please take a moment and like the page! It shows the current group buy price until this order is filled, and then the price will go up about another $100.

The fit is quite impressive... no gaps, edge to edge, holes line up, brackets fit clean and easy:

Regarding custom cutting for Zard double sided exhausts and NCR Zards, no worries, I have done it myself now and it turned out very clean. Now that I have a template I can make it even cleaner. I used a dremel to cut and buff the edge.

There are a few easy adjustments to make it work for these systems, but it's mounted and working perfectly on my bike right now (took about 20 minutes per side taking my time and test fitting a few times). If in Los Angeles, I will assist personally for those who want this done. My time is $40/hr. If out of state or the country, I can include a pattern for cutting, but due to the nature of these custom exhausts, it is better to verify directly with the bike.

The bracket kits are complete and ended up at $40 a set which is included in the $599.95 cost. They work well and can be upgraded to nicer hardware if you wish (for example, titanium screws, powder coated brackets, etc).

Paint has been quoted at $200-$400 depending on the design and color. I'll add details on the paint once the order is filled. There are concerns about painting over the carbon, but these are ready to primer and paint. Color matching- especially red and Paul Smart Silver, are a bit tricky, but I'm getting the samples together. I can address these details with individuals upon ordering. Prices are as follows:

Carbon Fiber clear coated Fairings hand polished with hardware:
$599.95/set

add black w/ clear coating
+$200/set

add red w/ clear coating
+$220/set

add ps silver with clear coating (with metallic fleck)
+$240/set

additional options:

add two oval #16 decals (8" x 10" oval white w/ black #16)
+$40/pair

add two circular #16 decals (10" round white w/ black #16)
+$44/pair

add decal under clear coat on fairing
+$60/pair with hand polishing

All decals are high quality 3M wrap film with premium printing. I can do custom numbers and graphic details for an additional cost.

I am invoicing through Paypal once we have established options. I also can now except credit cards if we meet in person and you prefer to not use Paypal. Many of the interested parties are here in Los Angeles, so it should be fairly easy to help you guys with the details of paint, fitment, custom cutting (for exhaust that require cutting), and other custom orders. Ideally, I would like to get the fairings going clear coated for now with decals sold separately, but I'll try to accommodate all requests if you can be patient enough to allow me to.

For those who are waiting to hear from me, please call me directly and I will address your requests. If you don't have my number, email me. If you don't have my email, PM me. I'll be checking my box and the site a few times a day from work.

Right now I need to fill this order... so PM me your info and requests and I'll address within 24 hours. Please try to keep to weekdays between 10 am to 8 pm PST. It's 3:20 am right now and I'm exhausted so good night ;)

And for those who are waiting for the ABS fairings, R&D is wrapping up. I should have samples in early 2013... stay tuned, and go here for updates:

https://www.facebook.com/sportclassicfairings

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wow the decals look amazing :).
@lukeeye: Is it possible to get also only the decals and the mounting stuff?
Thank you for your interest. Yes, that could be arranged.

PM me your email/Paypal address and I'll send you a Paypal invoice for the brackets and the decals.

-L

All other PM's have been replied to.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Re: Update

(4) invoices out and unpaid.
(5) invoices paid - thank you!

C'mon guys, we're one set away from ordering if you all pay... almost there!

If you haven't received an invoice but we have been in contact, please PM me your full order with options listed at the top of this page and your email address.

For those of you waiting with paid invoices, thank you for your support and keep an eye on this thread for updates. Also please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Latest order status

(7) invoices out and unpaid (14 total invoices). :)
(7) invoices paid - thank you!

C'mon guys, we're three sets away... almost there!

If you haven't received an invoice but we have been in contact, please PM me your full order with options listed at the top of this page and your email address.

For those with an unpaid invoice, if you need to work out another payment arrangement, talk to me, we can figure it out. Let's make it happen.

For those of you waiting with paid invoices, thank you for your support and keep an eye on this thread for updates. Also please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

·
Registered
284 Posts
(7) invoices out and unpaid (14 total invoices). :)
(7) invoices paid - thank you!

C'mon guys, we're three sets away... almost there!

For those with an unpaid invoice, if you need to work out another payment arrangement, talk to me, we can figure it out. Let's make it happen.

C'mon guys!

I have

for this project!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sport Classic Fairings

I am interested in purchasing lower fairings for my red 2007 Sport Classic 1000S. Please let me know if I can get in on your order. Thanks.

Russ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sport Classic Fairings

Yes, that is what I am looking for as well, red with no number.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
PM's replied.

The first order of 10 sets are in production as of last week, so you'll have to get back quickly if you want to get in on this production run. After this run the price will go up.

Thanks for your interest,

-Luke

I am interested in purchasing lower fairings for my red 2007 Sport Classic 1000S. Please let me know if I can get in on your order. Thanks.

Russ
Me too, in Red no number
Yes, that is what I am looking for as well, red with no number.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts