Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carbon Fiber Side Fairings for Sport 1000s and Paul Smart models (click on images for larger view):

Cost: $599.95 + shipping

Ship date: December 15th, 2012 (need minimum order of 9)
Shipping will be UPS
Shipping info for calculating:
Box size: length-36" width-12" height-18"
Box with fairings - Weight: about 8-10 lbs

Includes mounting hardware. These are high quality 100% Carbon Fiber twill weave with epoxy resin and a hand polished clear coat.

If you want them painted I am still waiting on prices (around $150-$200 per set-dependent on color and number ordered).

If you want the number 16 decal add $18 (white with black 16), please let me know.

Interior photo of fairing:

Now the bad news, I had to cancel my photoshoot this week (rescheduled for Tuesday next week), so more images are coming. There are a few additional delays on the ABS fairing sets as well, so please be patient. It's a bit out of my hands at this point, and hard to give an idea of availability (looks like early 2013). I'll be updating regularly.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns. Payments can be made via Paypal.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks awesome with the black. I think I saw you riding it around Mulholland on rnickeymouse's latest video on youtube. Amiright?!?!
Yes, that was me. Good eye, right around the 1 minute mark. These bikes are fun! Here's a close-up shot notice the carbon heel guards- those are available as well:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Great!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Zard Systems and fitment of the fairings.

Luke did you have to cut the right lower fairing to work with the NCR exhaust?
Yes, and there will be two versions of the cutting. I won't be doing the cutting because I don't want to be responsible for an imperfect cut, and the NCR version is hand-built and may have millimeters of difference in where it sits on each bike. I am working on a pattern for customers who are interested in this process.

One version is for the dual sided Zards (shown here on a Paul Smart):

...and the other is for the NCR system. Looks like this:

PM replied, working on your request. Thank you for your interest.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I made a mockup of what I think might be an interesting idea with a .ms member's pic i found on the forum. I'm sure any good painter could make this happen.

Let that CF shine through!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I made a mockup of what I think might be an interesting idea with a .ms member's pic i found on the forum. I'm sure any good painter could make this happen.

Let that CF shine through!
Good idea...but what if you made the number white, the number circle transparent and added a white outline around the number circle? Would be more CF shining through ;)

Just a thought,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
284 Posts
Good idea...but what if you made the number white, the number circle transparent and added a white outline around the number circle? Would be more CF shining through ;)

Just a thought,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

I think it might be a little overkill but it would be your choice but you must choose wisely...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Number plates

A number of people have been asking questions about number plates and custom orders. With a few completed payments now made, and a number of people waiting on prices for special requests, I wanted to make a clear choice on numbers.

There is of course the Paul Smart 2006 Side fairing White 10 inch "circular" decal with the "16" in black at it's center:

...and then there is the original 1972 Imola 10 inch wide white "Oval" with the black "16" in the center:

Personally I am a fan of the "Oval" shape... it's a bit more authentic, but I know some guys just want to look like they have the original stock set-up with the "circular" decal. I just feel like it would be a unique signature to these fairings setting them apart from their predecessor.

These decals will be a small additional cost to the 599.00, so I am trying to narrow it down. Thoughts and ideas are welcome...

Here's a screen shot of the "oval" drawing before it became a vector file:

Also, paint prices are coming in the next few days...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I've often wondered why the numbers appear to be from different fonts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A number of people have been asking questions about number plates and custom orders. With a few completed payments now made, and a number of people waiting on prices for special requests, I wanted to make a clear choice on numbers.

There is of course the Paul Smart 2006 Side fairing White 10 inch "circular" decal with the "16" in black at it's center:

...and then there is the original 1972 Imola 10 inch wide white "Oval" with the black "16" in the center:

Personally I am a fan of the "Oval" shape... it's a bit more authentic, but I know some guys just want to look like they have the original stock set-up with the "circular" decal. I just feel like it would be a unique signature to these fairings setting them apart from their predecessor.

These decals will be a small additional cost to the 599.00, so I am trying to narrow it down. Thoughts and ideas are welcome...

Here's a screen shot of the "oval" drawing before it became a vector file:

Also, paint prices are coming in the next few days...
Hi lukeeye , I think the oval is a great idea, combined with my request as per my PM , Id be happy to go in this direction . Im just waiting to get the final cost so i can make payment .

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm okay with both the circle and the oval. I'm mostly excited to have the numbers cut out of the decal so the carbon fibre shows through as the color of the actual numbers.

Also, I'm curious to see what the other numbers look like in the "Paul Smart" font.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm okay with both the circle and the oval. I'm mostly excited to have the numbers cut out of the decal so the carbon fibre shows through as the color of the actual numbers.

Also, I'm curious to see what the other numbers look like in the "Paul Smart" font.
Yeah... That was something I played around with in photoshop... Lukeeye is the one who is manufacturing the pieces. You'd have to talk to him about that fun stuff. It does look kind of cool though. Wink wink nudge nudge...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 36 Posts