Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time ago, while attempting to remove the mesh oil filter on my '06 Sport 1000, I managed to bust off the tip of the off the oil temperature sensor Thermistor?) which caused the oil temp gauge to quit working. As I recall, the thermistor screws into the filter cap (which also got mangled trying to remove because some idiot tech screwed it on too tight).

Anyway, it is not clear in the parts manual what the part numbers are for the Thermistor and the cap. I am wondering if:

1. Anyone has the part numbers for the Thermistor & cap? and

2. Where would be a good place to buy these parts online?

Having difficulty with the parts websites for AMS Dallas and Ducati Omaha (parts unavailable, etc.). However the dealer in Jacksonville, FL looks promising.

I'm wondering where the best parts source would be to find these parts in stock and not have to wait forever to get them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
356 Posts
1. Anyone has the part numbers for the Thermistor & cap? and

2. Where would be a good place to buy these parts online?
Noticing you haven't received a response..

You checked for part #s here? (Page 26 and 27) : Ducati of Omaha Parts Catalog-

Please don't quote me, but looks like Thermistor 552.1.045.2A , Gasket 852.5.024.1A , and cap 873.1.039.1A ? You probably want to put another 852.5.005.1A crush washer in as well. Again, don't quote me... check or have verified for yourself.

Double check part #'s and call them, your nearest dealer, or the other Ducati online parts sources and see if they have inventory and how quickly they can ship out. Also check Amazon. It's usually a Ducati dealer supplying the parts and you'll get an ETA when you look up the items.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response!

I finally called up AMS in Dallas last week (who clued me in on how to use their website) and ordered all the parts I needed. Hopefully, they will all be here this week or on their way from Italy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts