Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got my first Ducati - a 2010 GT1000 - and would like to replace the mirrors. Preferably I want to find a pair of the stock chrome handlebar mirrors that come on the Sport 1000 Biposto or similar. Was wondering whether anyone knew whether these can be put on the GT1000 and if there are any issues with those mirrors? I think the Napoleon mirrors are pretty similar looking but more square/don't seem to taper on the outside like the stock ones.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a set of those on my GT and they look really cool. Can't see much in them because they vibrate a lot but you can see if the cops are chasing you or not.

I replaced the stock clamping mechanism with a dirt bike bark-buster set up and they stay in place a little better. They're high maintenance and you'll need a T-handle screwdriver or use a hex bolt to get them really tight.

They really look cool though and are worth the hassle IMHO.

Good luck!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Not sure what the issue is with mirrors. Is the handlebar I.D. difertent between the two?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I've heard. And that the mounts are on rubber so jiggle a lot and can't see much out of them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just got my first Ducati - a 2010 GT1000 - and would like to replace the mirrors. Preferably I want to find a pair of the stock chrome handlebar mirrors that come on the Sport 1000 Biposto or similar. Was wondering whether anyone knew whether these can be put on the GT1000 and if there are any issues with those mirrors? I think the Napoleon mirrors are pretty similar looking but more square/don't seem to taper on the outside like the stock ones.
Hi DAAvila,

I have a pair of the skinny chrome teardrop bar-end mirrors I'd sell. They were on my GT when I bought it, but I found them too small (I think they were a Ducati accessory). Replaced them with Napoleons.

·
Official Retired Person
7,485 Posts
I've put the Sport bar end mirrors on my GT and I think they are just fine. Not perfect but they are convex, they do fold and they weren't real expensive to buy. I too bought the Ducati tear dropped shaped ones and sold them because I thought they were just too small, plus they have flat mirrors.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts