Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be behind in keeping up with the news, but the current (Sept./Oct. 2009) issue of Motorcycle Classics magazine has a Ducati corporate ad for the Sport 1000, and has a great profile shot of a black one in its most recent trim (one pipe per side, dual seat, newer swingarm, etc.) The text of the ad specifically promotes the Sport 1000, but does not mention the model year or have any copyright date within the ad.

Is the Sport coming back in 2010? What will that mean for the Sport 1000S and/or GT?

Just curious -- I'm quite happy with my red '06!

2006 Ducati ST3s
2006 Ducati Sport 1000 (RED)
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 stock/mint

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Yes, they will be sold:

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=...hn.pdf+site:www.arb.ca.gov+ducati&hl=en&gl=us

That, however, doesn't mean that they won't EOL the line and just sell the remaining bikes.

The sport never went away, it simply wasn't promoted. But I do think Ducati intended to put most of the frames out as S models. Maybe they're trying to balance the remaining inventory to clear all of them out before the end of the 2010 MY.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Y'all disappoint me. I thought this thread might generate some discussion . . .

·
Registered
238 Posts
Perhaps that is because as owners of Sport Classics, we may prefer that the line is discontinued. I personally enjoy owning a rather rare bike. (or 5) ;)

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
I'm sort of hoping that they will end as well. Not so much for the collectibles market or rarity, but because I want to see Ducati make another modern super sport.

I know it probably won't happen, but I can hope.

·
Registered
562 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
+1 to that. 1100DS SuperSport would be awesome!
Better make that +2!! What's the typical model run for Ducati? If there are SC's in 2010 that's 4 years virutally unchanged aside from color (excluding the '06 monos of course, but still, motor & other specs unchanged).

Time for a new model....(as long as they keep making gas tanks for the Sport Classics).

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I may be behind in keeping up with the news, but the current (Sept./Oct. 2009) issue of Motorcycle Classics magazine has a Ducati corporate ad for the Sport 1000, and has a great profile shot of a black one in its most recent trim (one pipe per side, dual seat, newer swingarm, etc.) The text of the ad specifically promotes the Sport 1000, but does not mention the model year or have any copyright date within the ad.

Is the Sport coming back in 2010? What will that mean for the Sport 1000S and/or GT?

Just curious -- I'm quite happy with my red '06!

2006 Ducati ST3s
2006 Ducati Sport 1000 (RED)
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 stock/mint

If Ducati is smart, they'll put Showas on the S model offer an alloy wheel option for the Sport Classic line...and they'd sell a bunch.

However, I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Might be nice if Ducati followed the examples of other model ranges & offered both a base & 'S' model Sports 1000/GT. The S model could have Ohlins forks/shocks and lighter wheels (with tubeless tyres?).

Would radial front brakes look out of place on a future Sport Classic? Are they needed?

+ Another one for the DS1100 engine - as long as they fix the oil leaks reported by some Monster owners.

Perhaps they should consult with members on this forum (e.g. our friends Dietrichpfeifer & Wasp) to help them design/build the next Sport Classics?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts