Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If these first two races are any sign of things to come SBK is going to be crazy this year! Both races were neck and neck, plus it helps that Bayliss and Ducati were right in the middle of them. Hopefully, SPEED keeps showing the races when nascar starts to heat up.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I was bloody impressed with how fast Bayliss caught up to Corser in the 2nd race....bloody fooking brilliant!.....I just wish they would have shown his pass by Haga and Pitt........the 1st race though....with Haga and the way he ended things...WOW...just plain dumb luck for Bayliss...though Toseland seems like he's gonna be a formidable opponent this year somewhat.....it will indeed be a good year for WSB....I can only hope that MotoGP keeps up the same level of excitement if not moreso!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Yes, what a race. To see two veterans fighting it out in race 2.

The Suzuki still has more power; however, the Ducati was absolutely amazing in the curves. Bayliss preserved the tires very well. In race two, it's ashame he couldn't get around Toseland sooner. His charge came just a little late.

None the less, he stuck it out there & went for it!

The Lanzi wreck in race 1 was frightening.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sure does look to be an exciting year in SBK. Race 2 had me on the edge of my seat the whole time and shouting at my TV the last 4 laps! Just wonderful close racing. I’ll second the hope that SPEED doesn’t abandon World Superbike for NASCAR.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
What all you guys said. Watched the race with 4 dedicated Ducati owners. Kept me on the edge of my seat, especially the second race. It surprised me how Bayliss chased Corser down, passing the others. As it was said earlier, the damn TV people were doing something else and didn't get it on tape. The two riders must have made a mistake for Bayliss to pass them both at the same time.

One of the better races I've seen and it was great to see Bayliss back on the podium. Toseland must have been grinning ear to ear to beat Ducati in the first race. Lanzi's high side was brutal, good thing he landed on the grass!

We predicted Haga would crash and he did. I love watching him race but his aggressiveness sometimes backfires on him. With Haga its win or crash, kind of like Xaus. I think Xaus will be respectable even though he is on a year old Ducati. Similar to how Toseland did on a 998 in 03 and Lanzi on a lesser 999 last year. Like Haga, Xaus is fun to watch.

Its going to be a spectator year and a good year for Ducati. Ducati needs 2 more HP out of their bikes, thats all. Can't wait for the start of MotoGP and AMA. Ducati is primed to do well in those venues too.

I'm pumped!

·
Registered
311 Posts
God$)($%^*)#$#$^#$*(

%^()*$^)*([email protected]#@#_(#@$ YOU HAGA!!!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love Ducs and I'm always happy to see Ducati in the mix, but there's no other rider in all of motorcycle racing that captures my attention quite like Haga does. 2nd place in the first race and 3rd place in the second race would have put him in a very nice position as far as points go. $%($#^%^)(#$%@[email protected]#[email protected]%#[email protected]%!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
RI749 said:
We should remember that this was not a "Ducati" type track. It favored all of the I-4's.

I thought the Ducati would fair better on the straights, but I was wrong. As the commentators pointed out, it was a difficult track to pass. Despite the disadvantage Bayliss almost passed Corser anyway.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Great starting race! There even were visually more people in the stands and I see that a local rider was listed but did not qualify.

I like Haga and root for Ducati. The race went ok for me as far as points and podium go.

Sure was nice that Bayliss held off, saved his tires and then let it go!

Dave Harhay

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
1999r1 said:
%^()*$^)*([email protected]#@#_(#@$ YOU HAGA!!!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love Ducs and I'm always happy to see Ducati in the mix, but there's no other rider in all of motorcycle racing that captures my attention quite like Haga does. 2nd place in the first race and 3rd place in the second race would have put him in a very nice position as far as points go. $%($#^%^)(#$%@[email protected]#[email protected]%#[email protected]%!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!.

I take it you like Haga? Hey, we should hook up for the race this weekend. I like Haga, but I like Bayliss and Lanzi better. I think I would be Happy if Bayliss or Lanzi took first and Haga third. That would be acceptable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts