Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stoner wins the race,
Rossi wins the title!

1) Stoner
2) Pedrosa
3) Rossi
4) Lorenzo
5) Hayden
6) Vermeulen
7) Elias
8) Melandri
9) Capirossi
10) Kallio
11) Espargaro
12) De Angelis
13) Edwards
14) Talmacsi
15) Toseland

·
Registered
122 Posts
Casey didn't just win - he totally dominated the race!!!
In a class by himself.
Brilliant, the last three Motogp races have shown up all the naysayers for what they are.
Congratulations to Rossi on the 09 championship though. Imagine what it may have been like if Casey didn't get crook.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
A totally dominant ride in the wet. Extremely well done.

·
If you ain't first, you're last!
834 Posts
good for stoner glad hi is back

and 5) Hayden not bad

·
Chilehead
6,985 Posts
I woke up just to catch the tail end of the 250 race (actually, just the Dovizioso interview, but I had recorded the races, though the DVR got confused due to the time change and started up an hour late and thus missed the 125 race)

The 2-3 finish of the 250 race was amazing (about 1" difference between Barbera and Simoncelli)!

Rossi was cautious, and even if Dovizioso hadn't crashed he would still have ended up 3rd.

Clean title win by finishing 6 seconds ahead of Lorenzo.

Tom

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
nine... the more i think about it... damn... 9 championships..
thats huge... and to be honest, it's all about winning the championships.

when it comes to who wins the races... if it's a good one we may remember.. but a few years from now who remembers second and third for the title. i mean seriously... if it wasn't for the numbers on the bike in some cases, or google searches... it matters little... hell, i couldn't tell you the top 5 for the past 3 years.. but i remember the champions name...

in the end that's it... i hope that Rossi dices it up with Stoner at the last race... a good end to a great season... nine... damn...

i say Rossi and Stoner on factory Ducati's, and Jorge and Spies on the factory Yamaha's in 2011... nice...

·
Registered
578 Posts
nine... the more i think about it... damn... 9 championships..
thats huge... and to be honest, it's all about winning the championships.

when it comes to who wins the races... if it's a good one we may remember.. but a few years from now who remembers second and third for the title. i mean seriously... if it wasn't for the numbers on the bike in some cases, or google searches... it matters little... hell, i couldn't tell you the top 5 for the past 3 years.. but i remember the champions name...

in the end that's it... i hope that Rossi dices it up with Stoner at the last race... a good end to a great season... nine... damn...

i say Rossi and Stoner on factory Ducati's, and Jorge and Spies on the factory Yamaha's in 2011... nice...
+1 to that. Here's to the greatest rider of all time trying his hand at taming the Desmo...

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Stoner won this race by nearly 15 seconds over second place Pedrosa:eek:
Stoner owned that race. I have to laugh at all the naysayers a few weeks ago when Stoner was out sick saying that Ducati would replace him. To all these flaming idiots, Gee Ya think Ducati will replace him now?????

Congrats to Rossi on his 9th world title. Truly Amazing !!!!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
to be honest.. i really don't want to believe that Ducati would get rid of Stoner... but i still remember Ducati sacking Bayliss at the end of the '04 season... regardless of the past.. Ducati has shown that it is willing to make a change.. some times very unexpectedly...

i think that the idea of Ducati hiring another rider was real... i believe that an offer was made to Jorge... and that that seat was Stoners.. i'm not saying i agree with it... not at all. but i do believe that wheels were in motion... for sure.. that said... i believe that Stoner was motivated a little extra to prove to those that took the time to talk to Jorge that they were wasting their time.. and about to make a big mistake... i'm glad that Stoner was on pace when he returned.

some fans were nay-sayers for sure, but remember... if Ducati truly had faith in Stoner's 100 percent return... i don't believe they would have made an offer to Jorge... my $.02

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
i think that the idea of Ducati hiring another rider was real... i believe that an offer was made to Jorge... and that that seat was Stoners.. i'm not saying i agree with it... not at all. but i do believe that wheels were in motion... for sure.. that said... i believe that Stoner was motivated a little extra to prove to those that took the time to talk to Jorge that they were wasting their time.. and about to make a big mistake... i'm glad that Stoner was on pace when he returned.

some fans were nay-sayers for sure, but remember... if Ducati truly had faith in Stoner's 100 percent return... i don't believe they would have made an offer to Jorge... my $.02
I did not want to bring this up, but you leave me no choice.
IF Ducati was going to replace anyone it would have been Hayden NOT Stoner. Why?? I'll Let the race results speak for themselves. Hayden is a midpack rider at best. Yeh he did ok in today's race finishing fifth, very good for Nicky, but where did he team mate finish???
Ok yes it's Nickey's first year on the Duc, Buuuuttttttt.......
Nicky Hayden has been in Moto GP since 2003. Casey Stoner has been in Moto GP since 2006. Hayden has just 3 wins in Moto GP while Stoner has now 20 wins in Moto GP. Which is more impressive??? Results never lie. Speaking of results that is what Mr. Stoner is doing showing results. He fixed the problem and is rolling forward. My hat is off to him. He is still the ONLY ONE who can ride that Duc. Ducati team knows this and that is why in No way were they ever going to get rid of Casey Stoner.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i agree completely that Hayden would have been the likely choice for being replaced... and my choice as well... but it seemed to me that Ducati was not sure about Stoners health or his return..
so while Stoner was out "sick"... they signed Hayden.. and made an offer to Jorge... remember that Jorge's offer came after the signing of Hayden for next season (i believe)... i'm just going by what Ducati did.. not by what i think should have been done...

·
9,757 Posts
Stoner won this race by nearly 15 seconds over second place Pedrosa:eek:
Stoner owned that race. I have to laugh at all the naysayers a few weeks ago when Stoner was out sick saying that Ducati would replace him. To all these flaming idiots, Gee Ya think Ducati will replace him now?????

Congrats to Rossi on his 9th world title. Truly Amazing !!!!
Nobody knew wtf was going on with Stoner, not you, me, Marlboro, or Ducati.

I'm glad you guessed right about him.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts