Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
If you ain't first, you're last!
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
race 1
1 Ben Spies 38'15.390
2 Jonathan Rea 38'17.087
3 Max Biaggi 38'17.503
4 Shane Byrne 38'18.147
5 Michel Fabrizio 38'30.143
RT-Noriyuki Haga 10'27.807

points in champ.

Ben Spies 451
Noriyuki Haga 436

·
Banned
3 Posts
Spies is living a dream! AMA champ, WSBK champ...his next thing is to get with a factory MotoGP team and win a MotoGP title. Would be some shit to see a guy win a MotoGP title on a satellite bike.
Fabrizio or Toseland will win it next year! Fabrizio is a very good rider and Toseland is 2 time champ on Ducati and Honda. With him taking Spies place. So maybe another WSBK title for Yamaha next year. We will see.... Haga probably will never win a championship. This year was his best chance. That dream is over

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Yeah, I don't see him doing all that well on it. I really think Haga has a shot next year, he just got unlucky that Ben stopped in WSB for a year. Fabrizio is looking good too as is Rea but not sure they can pull a whole season together whereas Haga definitely can.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well, I'd be lieing if i said i was not disapointed! Ben didn't beat haga this weekend- Haga beat haga!!:( Great race 2, we can only wonder what could have come from race 1 if he didn't lose the front! Congrats To yamaha...and Ben. However, I think Nori ended the season fighting all the way to the end in true champ form!! The world already knows haga has earned it-we just need lady luck to look our way for the entire season. See ya next year!:D

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Ben won the first race handily and would have done the same in race 2 if needed. Haga had to push to run the pace and when he did he fell, it happens but I wouldn't really say he beat himself. He rode his ass off in race 2 especially being sick.

Tye - what I read was tires, picked the wrong one.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Too bad Haga lost it, and it may be his last chance to world title........If Haga wins it in 2010, there will be shit talks about how he doesn't deserve it, because Spies not there.

To me, Haga didn't just lost the championship by himself, there were also Fabrizio and Rea who came into his aid of failure.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
To me, Haga didn't just lost the championship by himself, there were also Fabrizio and Rea who came into his aid of failure.
Ummm I think the case can be made that Fabrizio more than made up for any points he took off Haga when he took Spies out... In the world of what iff Spies would have ad this championship wrapped up well before today....
Haga is the only one to blame here... all the pressure was on Spies having to win 2 races at a track that Haga was good on. In race one Haga pick the wrong tire and instead of riding like a champion and just finishing the race he pushed to hard and lost it... In race 2 roles were reversed and Spies was on the wrong set up. He rode like a champion and only pushed as hard as he had to to win the title. That is what champions do. The way I see this Spies won a long up hill battle because yet again Haga couldnt hold it together.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ummm I think the case can be made that Fabrizio more than made up for any points he took off Haga when he took Spies out... In the world of what iff Spies would have ad this championship wrapped up well before today....
Haga is the only one to blame here... all the pressure was on Spies having to win 2 races at a track that Haga was good on. In race one Haga pick the wrong tire and instead of riding like a champion and just finishing the race he pushed to hard and lost it... In race 2 roles were reversed and Spies was on the wrong set up. He rode like a champion and only pushed as hard as he had to to win the title. That is what champions do. The way I see this Spies won a long up hill battle because yet again Haga couldnt hold it together.
I agreed that Haga is not in his best form at Portimao, the title is Haga's to loss, and Spies' to gain.

Still I think the crash with Rea, and having Fabrizio finishing in front of Haga are completely unnecessary. Team orders or not, if Ducati camp knew it would be a close fight with Spies, every points matters to Haga thruout the season. But obviously the Ducati squad is not completely in favor of Haga, both in equipment and tactic wise.

In the end, Spies beats Haga fair and square.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Hey it was a great year for WSBK. Congrat's to Ben Spies on the championship and for going down as the best ever Rookie in WSBK history with 14 wins, and 11 poles. No Rookie has ever done this. I laugh even putting the word Rookie in the same sentence as Spies as he showed them all that he is anything but :D

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
If you ain't first, you're last!
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what if haga wold have finish first on race 2 wold he get the 6 points he need it to beat spies ?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
You know Fabrizio and haga didn't know what was going on behind them with biaggi and spies! max could have passed Ben at the same time haga passed rea..Then shit would have hit the fan at Ducati! Fabrizio should have waved to the crowd, (accepting the victory) and then waved his arm with grace to allow Haga to take the points. Thats what a REAL team mate would have done! Anything can happen and team mates should be there to help each other regardless.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts