Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Ducati Designs
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Congratulations to Carlin Dunne (5) and Greg Tracy (555) for amazing 1-2 wins in 1205 class aboard their Ducati/Spider Grips Racing Multistrada 1200s! Carlin and Greg both snapped the 10 minute mark and smoked the rest of the field. An amazing showing for the big Multi!

Thanks Spider Grips Racing for giving our Ducati Designs adjustable foot pegs a fast ride to the top! :D

pg
DD

·
Registered
681 Posts
Nice to see Ducati kicking arse at the Peak! But Im kinda wondering why they are even using the Multi now that the entire hill is paved....Why not use a Panigale now? Is there a rule forbidding it? or is the hill too tight for a superbike?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Nice to see Ducati kicking arse at the Peak! But Im kinda wondering why they are even using the Multi now that the entire hill is paved....Why not use a Panigale now? Is there a rule forbidding it? or is the hill too tight for a superbike?
superbikes are made for road racing, the tight twisty 156 turns up the hill might be a bit much for them compared to the posture the Multi provides the riders. Of course I could be completely wrong come next year's hill climb. :p

·
Registered
670 Posts
Wondering the same but I guess if they can do it and be comfortable and beat the rest why bother on the panigale :D, maybe put some panniers on the bike with pic nic stuff fir after the race....

·
Registered
351 Posts
I love the look of those foot pegs, I saw them at Laguna Seca and completely forgot who made them till now, will be ordering soon.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I think they use them because the Handle bar has to be mounted above the triple clamp like a dirt bike. I guess a streetfighter would work too.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had wondered the same thing a while back and checked online. The rules are such that sportbikes are not eligible. Bing it and you'll find a link to rules though I had to search a bit to find them in the pdf.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
If I remeber right last year Dunne won with a time of 11 minutes 11 seconds so he shaved a whole minute with the course being totally paved.

·
Registered
504 Posts
How many bikes was racing in the 1200 group?

·
Registered
504 Posts
only eight? well, sets the result in some perpective....
There was 8. Here is the time sheet. Down at the bottom this this page, it seperate the times by the class.

2012 | PPIHC

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looks like this year there were 8 bikes total in the class (2 Multi's, 2 1098SF, 2 XR1200's, 1 BMW HP2 and 1 990 SM KTM). It was mentioned before but it looks like for mow it is only upright and or off-road capable bikes that run PP.

·
Registered
504 Posts
8 at grid... why all the fuzz about this event? :think:

·
Registered
442 Posts
And he even left the kickstand on, complete with big foot. Did he plan on stopping enroute.for a sammich?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts