Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
With almost any sport, testosterone fueled youth with almost blatant disregard for risk, rule the day.
As these athletes get banged up and get the responsibilities of age,(job related injuries, family...)they tend to become more risk averse.
We saw that after Rossi broke his leg and almost any other rider before or since.
I would love to see Rossi get #10 but the reality is the Young guns are faster.
Aside from a few incidents , Rossi has been a great ambassador for the sport and helped MotoGP grow.
His time is close , only he can pull the trigger on retirement, I hope he doesn't get banged up before he bows out.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,521 Posts
This was taken in 1994 when he won his first national championship on a Mito
It's time to let go...

·
7,521 Posts
He should never have dumped Jeremy Burgess, that's the missing factor. And what if Rossi's claims are correct, he's getting shit tyres?
He dumped Jerry because he told him back then that it was time to pack it in.

·
7,521 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Colin Edwards on the #5 Yamaha was first to make contact with Simoncelli, followed by Rossi on the factory Ducati...check the video.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Morning Warm-up done, looks like the day is going to be hot. The Yamahars have been on softs all the time through the cold practice, with no experience of the harder tyres, now no one knows what tyres to run.
Gunna be interesting.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
He dumped Jerry because he told him back then that it was time to pack it in.
I didn't know that, I thought it was retaliation for saying he could make the Duc work.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,164 Posts
Morning Stosh. We have to except there comes a time.
All good X,just wanted to make sure you were aware of that tire info.

Agreed that there comes a time. The high point of Rossi's season so far was when he topped FP1 in Qatar,it's pretty much all been downhill ever since. It's sad to watch but lately he's just been embarrassing himself.

If there's no dramatic improvement in his performance in these last few races then I'm in complete agreement,it's time to stand down and let Hellboy take the fight to Marc on the factory bike.

·
7,521 Posts
Colin Edwards on the #5 Yamaha was first to make contact with Simoncelli, followed by Rossi on the factory Ducati...check the video.
Don't need to check the video.. it was unfortunately Rossi's bike that came into contact with Sic's helmet.
Rossi hasn't been the same since.
I don't watch videos of crashes, I'm not that sort of person.

·
7,521 Posts
I wonder what Rossi will blame today and which part of his bike Jorge will change before the next race.

Miller also needs a new crew chief to tell him which tyres not to fit on race day.

·
Registered
926 Posts
You sure it wasn't Colin Edwards that hit Simo...
Positive. I watched the event live. Also the replay, as it played many times. Once I understood what happened, it made me ill. I couldn't watch it again.
Don't need to check the video.. it was unfortunately Rossi's bike that came into contact with Sic's helmet.
Rossi hasn't been the same since.
I don't watch videos of crashes, I'm not that sort of person.
From memory, Rossi's front tire hit Marco's helmet, and his rear tire ran over Marco's neck. The helmet squished in and then spit completely off Marco's head as the fatter rear tire also caught the base of the helmet.

Edwards, who'd stopped sliding and was on his knees saw Marco's helmet tumbling by, he visibly heaved as he put his head down.

I can't speak for him, but it appeared to me that he was sickened by what he saw, and probably knew it was fatal.

I know I was sickened by what the replay revealed. I hoped it wasn't fatal but after the slow motion replay, I knew better.

·
7,521 Posts
Did anyone else see the little smirk MM and Ezpeleta exchanged on the gantry as the riders made their way to the podium?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Did anyone else see the little smirk MM and Ezpeleta exchanged on the gantry as the riders made their way to the podium?
Nah. Turned it off by then.

Moto3 was another epic race, though both Canet and Arbolino made it two races in a row where they gifted Dalla Porta with their DNFs.

Moto2 was nearly as good, as Luthi and Marini were head and shoulders above the rest of the field. That moment Binder had was pretty nasty, and the impact with Lowes took Lowes handle bar completely off.

MotoGP? Snoozer. From the first lap really. The only interesting racing going on was for 3rd really....maybe 5th too. Championship is over, so I don't feel compelled to watch. . Not in the same way that I watch Moto3.

At least there, you never know who's going to win. I think there have been 11 different winners in Moto3 this year.

Moto2 was looking like a Marquez runaway but after today, Luthi is 31 points down and there are 50 up for grabs. Mathematically anyway, Luthi still has a chance.

Augusto Fernandez was looking like he was going to make a real challenge but since he fell off, he hasn't looked really serious again.

·
7,521 Posts
JB just bought into the Rossi saga again:
Former crew chief Jeremy Burgess fears “maybe he’s been around a bit too long” as his current struggles continue in 2019. Burgess helped mastermind the Italian’s seven premier class world titles.

Enn skal lytte, når en gammel hund gjø. :giggle:

21 - 40 of 46 Posts