7 Andrea DOVIZIOSO
8 Nicky HAYDEN 46'14.352
9 James TOSELAND
10 Chris VERMEULEN

http://www.motogp.com/en/Results+Statistics/2009/POR/

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Casey Stoner blasted back into the MotoGP series after missing 3 rounds to a mystery illness in fine form qualifying on the front row and taking 2nd place in the race. Stoner looked fast all weekend and quickly settled into 2nd behind winner Jorge Lorenzo. Dani Pedrosa took 3rd ahead of a disappointed Valentino Rossi in the largely processional race that sees the championship race close up ahead of the next round in Australia. Details here

·
Registered
122 Posts
Brilliant return to Motogp by Casey Stoner this last weekend. Not bad for someone who has just returned from a long layoff.

Now all the rumor mongers and doomsayers can go back to the drawing boards to find something else to 'analyse'. Just watching the body language between Stoner and Ducati team members it was great. They were all relaxed and genuinely very friendly. There may be issues between sponsor Marlboro (1 person anyway - Maurizio Arrivabene) and Stoner but the Ducati / Stoner relationship looks really good and strong, just as they have kept insisting..

Phillip Island is next, the top 3 (Lorenzo, Rossi and Stoner) are all good here. I'll be at the Island cheering on the Ducati team and Stoner in particular. Stoner should still pick up third place for the year, considering he wasn't even there for three races that is great. Onya Casey!!!

·
comrade moderator
26,772 Posts
Good for Casey! Also good for Colin...First Mortal!
Otherwise, I fell asleep halfway through...what a friggen snooze-fest. :sleep:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good to see Casey smiling again, now for the home Gp win at the Island ideally with Nicki and Kallio on the podium :)

I'm gonna be cheering him on in Malaysia in 3 weeks can't wait for the track side beers, beautiful Asian track girls, KL nightlife and spicy chicken satays....oh and of course 3 classes of Gp racing!

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,404 Posts
Good to see Casey smiling again, now for the home Gp win at the Island ideally with Nicki and Kallio on the podium :)

I'm gonna be cheering him on in Malaysia in 3 weeks can't wait for the track side beers, beautiful Asian track girls, KL nightlife and spicy chicken satays....oh and of course 3 classes of Gp racing!
We are looking forward to it, hopefully Casey can win - we would like that. It was a pretty boring race though.

Have fun in Malaysia.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Finally got to see the race and I have to say that Stoner is back and all the other guys on Ducatis should be embarrassed

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
I Was THERE!! I gotta say that the Duc is awfully loud IRL.. But its a good loud. :D
The Yamahas have the most TWIN sounding engine and those little 250´s are FAST round the corners!

//amullo

·
Registered
439 Posts
Island bound!

...Phillip Island is next, the top 3 (Lorenzo, Rossi and Stoner) are all good here. I'll be at the Island cheering on the Ducati team and Stoner in particular. Stoner should still pick up third place for the year, considering he wasn't even there for three races that is great. Onya Casey!!!
Shane - That's a long trip from Rockhampton, I'm a relative local.

Five of us starting from Canberra in two days' time, you'll be on your way already no doubt.

It should be a great race and one that I hope Casey wins.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts