Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too bad, i would have liked to see him in GP's next year, but I guess that keeps Edwards in.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured he would do tech 3 in 2010 so that he could be on the factory team in 11 when Jorge's contract is up...

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Long term it's better for him and Yamaha, as much as I'd love to see him in there next year and full factory 2011 I'll be happy if he gets the championship this year and can play with some wildcard rides next year.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
While I'm thinking of it, didn't someone say he had a contract for MotoGP next year sitting there all but signed? :D

·
Registered
849 Posts
All of the pieces are coming together, huh?

With the organization knowing that Spies could be in by 2011, they may change the rules to get him on a factory team. Stranger things have happened.

Lots of things could happen by then. Will Rossi be back after '10? I assume so in order to pass Ago for the all time wins total. One never knows though...

Any (more) predictions???

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All of the pieces are coming together, huh?

With the organization knowing that Spies could be in by 2011, they may change the rules to get him on a factory team. Stranger things have happened.

Lots of things could happen by then. Will Rossi be back after '10? I assume so in order to pass Ago for the all time wins total. One never knows though...

Any (more) predictions???
Oh no, the series would never do anything to benefit an an American rider. Now if he were Spanish...

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
So you were right. Except for the part where you were wrong. Got it.

Have you ever thought about going into politics, Tye?

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Ben has a contract with Yamaha and if they agree he will go where Yamaha needs him. It is not WSB or GP specific. The general idea right this second is WSB 2010, GP 2011 but that can change as needed.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Here's my prediction:

Next year, Tech 3 keeps Edwards and Toseland. Spies stays in WSBK to defend his title. :p

Just into the season, Toseland sprains his thumb playing piano, and Spies fills in for him for 3 races, finishing in the top 5 every time.

Later, Colin is suspended for 3 races for calling the CEO of Dorna a "dumbass Spaniard", and once again Spies is called up. He finishes on the podium in two of the three races, and gets torpedoed by Alex de Angelis on the Hayate in the 3rd.

Having raced a total of 9 MotoGP's at that point, Spies is now eligible to ride for a full factory team in 2011! Which works out great, because Rossi, having learned that Lorenzo is now being paid twice as much as he is, decides to go ride for Ducati along side Nicky Hayden. Casey Stoner is the new color commentator for EuroSport...

Hey, it could happen... :abduct:

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's my prediction:

Next year, Tech 3 keeps Edwards and Toseland. Spies stays in WSBK to defend his title. :p

Just into the season, Toseland sprains his thumb playing piano, and Spies fills in for him for 3 races, finishing in the top 5 every time.

Later, Colin is suspended for 3 races for calling the CEO of Dorna a "dumbass Spaniard", and once again Spies is called up. He finishes on the podium in two of the three races, and gets torpedoed by Alex de Angelis on the Hayate in the 3rd.

Having raced a total of 9 MotoGP's at that point, Spies is now eligible to ride for a full factory team in 2011! Which works out great, because Rossi, having learned that Lorenzo is now being paid twice as much as he is, decides to go ride for Ducati along side Nicky Hayden. Casey Stoner is the new color commentator for EuroSport...

Hey, it could happen... :abduct:
I like it! I'll make you a caipirinha ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts