Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Great video, I hope they keep doing them for the rest of the season.

I love Ben's excuses, he's got more then me :rolleyes: Like the electronics will automatically give him the torq missing? The reason why the Ducati's do so well at tracks like that is; they have more torq then the Yamaha. The Yamaha has lots of top end, but getting out of slower corners is difficult, you can see that earlier in the season.

I like the fact that Ben know's he's the best guy out there because he really is.

He's gonna put it on the limit for the next around... lets see if Haga can respond with a double. ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
7,733 Posts
Great video, I hope they keep doing them for the rest of the season.

I love Ben's excuses, he's got more then me :rolleyes: Like the electronics will automatically give him the torq missing? The reason why the Ducati's do so well at tracks like that is; they have more torq then the Yamaha. The Yamaha has lots of top end, but getting out of slower corners is difficult, you can see that earlier in the season.

I like the fact that Ben know's he's the best guy out there because he really is.

He's gonna put it on the limit for the next around... lets see if Haga can respond with a double. ;)

I thought the cross plane crank, ie "virtual V", is the best engine out there re both drive out of the corners and top end. The R1 chassis has a longer swing arm as well IIRC. Apparently, there's an article in RRW this month that states the cross plane crank engine is the business, ie best engine out there (ever) re the M1, and the R1 uses the same crank afaik.

·
Registered
429 Posts
This is a great video, Thanks for posting.
I wish Speed (Channel) would have the interviews after the races perhaps they should change their name from Speed to the Nascar Channel.

·
Registered
447 Posts
"I got nothing to lose"....;)

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
First off, the M1 does not use the same crank, they use a Big Bang crank.

Second off, the new R1 is known to be gutless in the torq band and have gobs of top end. I race with some guys who are fully sponsored by Graves and Yamaha USA, who can't keep up with CBR1000's because of the torq issues.

Anyhow, I just love people who complain about their bikes when in qualifying they pretty much break the circuit record. If Ben could lay down those laptimes, there is no reason for him to struggle in the race unless there was something seriously wrong.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
It seemed like he was getting his act together in the second race, when he knocked off a few fastest laps - then with eight laps to go he got tangled with Biaggi and Simoncelli's duel in the chicane (nobody's fault - that's just racing), and he was odd man out. All in all, though, not a bad showing - for Pete's sake he finished fourth and fifth, and is second in the championship by only three points! In his first year?

I agree with Tye - Imola is a track that loves Ducatis, and it showed in both races. Must be the ghost of 1972 or something.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I just hope Haga has the same "nothing to lose" attitude come portugal.
If Haga could win the next two races, with Spies behind him in both, he would walk away with 13 points going into the final round. Then all he has to do is get 2nd in both races and the season is over. But as we've found out, this season has been a roller-coaster ride. Haga has to prey, Spies can't figure out the track and or doesn't have the pace. Haga and Ducati usually go well in France, its a question of Haga doing his job and Fabrizio BLOCKING effin' Spies instead of being a competitor! NOW its time for Fabrizio to show his skills as a traffic warden! LOL :rolleyes:

·
Senior Italophile
867 Posts
If Haga could win the next two races, with Spies behind him in both, he would walk away with 13 points going into the final round. Then all he has to do is get 2nd in both races and the season is over. But as we've found out, this season has been a roller-coaster ride. Haga has to prey, Spies can't figure out the track and or doesn't have the pace. Haga and Ducati usually go well in France, its a question of Haga doing his job and Fabrizio BLOCKING effin' Spies instead of being a competitor! NOW its time for Fabrizio to show his skills as a traffic warden! LOL :rolleyes:

Prey or Pray?;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just wondering how close it will be for the next 4 races. It would totally suck if Haga lost the championship by 4 points. Would you put the blame on Fabrizio for not letting Haga win Race 2 Imola? Things that make you go hmmmmmm.:rolleyes:

·
9,757 Posts
I really dislike Fabrizio. The guy is just a doucher. You can't make excuses for it, he's just straight up greasy. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost the championship for Haga somehow. Not that I want Haga to win thanks to team orders, but if it came down to it I wouldn't be confident in Fabrizio doing the smart thing.

As far as a traffic warden, we have Jonathan Rea. The idiot is like a front running time bomb cum two wheeled russian roulette. He adds an unwanted element of danger and unpredictability to the front pack. When he took Haga out at the Nurburgring I was beside myself. I actually stopped watching cause I was so pissed. I'd say lets hope he torpedoes Spies instead of Haga, but honestly I don't want anyone getting torpedoed. I'd rather see a clean safe race.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
First off, the M1 does not use the same crank, they use a Big Bang crank.

Second off, the new R1 is known to be gutless in the torq band and have gobs of top end. I race with some guys who are fully sponsored by Graves and Yamaha USA, who can't keep up with CBR1000's because of the torq issues.

Anyhow, I just love people who complain about their bikes when in qualifying they pretty much break the circuit record. If Ben could lay down those laptimes, there is no reason for him to struggle in the race unless there was something seriously wrong.
The new R1 puts out 180hp and 85ftLbs The 1098 Is 180hp with 99ftLbs.... (And assume the 1198 make more power)The R1 puts out about 10ftLbs more torque than any of the other I-4s..... Imola favors Ducati there is no doubt I dont think dyno #'s are the only reason.
Also Tye I dont know if you have heard but Yamaha is calling the motor in the new R1 the "Big Bang" I doubt that the crank from the R1 is a direct swap into the M1 but the technology is the same.
I have ridden the 09 R1 back to back with a 09 cbr1000. I thought the cbr had some guts till I got on that R1. That motor has a phenominal bottom end and midrange.

Spies is awesome... I think we are going to see his next gear in France. I almost feel bad for Haga. I mean seriously beween the Yamaha breaking down and Spies getting run off the track. Haga should have this one in the bag.... but he doesnt and its only going to get worse.:D

·
7,733 Posts
First off, the M1 does not use the same crank, they use a Big Bang crank....

"Two years later, the new R1 gets that sweet crankshaft. An engine using a crossplane crankshaft is not to be confused with what is commonly known as a big-bang engine, which is mostly associated with odd-firing V-fours."

" had the chance to sample Yamaha's crossplane crankshaft a few years before it became available in the R1."

Rest of article: http://www.motorcyclingmag.com/2009_Yamaha_YZF-M1_MotoGP

"...the all-new R1 is the world's first production motorcycle with a crossplane crankshaft. Originally pioneered in MotoGP racing with the M1, crossplane technology ..."

Rest of article: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/08/yamaha-introduces-2009-r1-with-big-bang-firing-order/

"Descended from the same design used by the YZR-M1 Moto-GP race bike, the cross plane crank...

Rest of article: http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_0905_2009_yamaha_yzf_r1/index.html

"Yamaha claims its Crossplane crankshaft technology--developed on Valentino Rossi's YZR-M1 MotoGP racer and making its production debut on the new R1--..."

Rest of article: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/122_0904_2009_yamaha_yzf_r1/index.html

1 - 20 of 40 Posts