Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

SpeedyMoto Water Pump

3595 8
Anyone familiar with SpeedyMoto's billet aluminum water pump
Seems like it is well built but for $349 seems kind of pricy/ claim to improve water flow and cooling efficiency
Any thoughts
Rob

http://secure.speedymoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SP&Category_Code=WPC
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
maypo59 said:
The speedymoto one appears to be a complete replacement housing, while the other appears to be just a guard or cover.
yup, i think the stock water pump is substantial enough for what it does. the axljak is good for crash worthyness. =\

·
Registered
276 Posts
I can't speak for the Axljak unit, but I can speak for the SpeedyMoto unit. I have one on my 996 and it's quite beefy, and my bike runs cooler even though it's a hopped up engine. I've personally seen one of their bikes that went down that was equipped with their water pump housing, and it did it's job admirably with nary a scrach.I've also seen similar bikes with the OEM housing cracked in two. Is it worth $349? To me it is, but that's just me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just got a Speedymoto water pump for my 996. I have not installed it yet, so I can't vouch for the claimed 10% increased cooling efficiency, but it sure is beefy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.